NSP GK4 for Storebox |OR| GK5 for redSHOP

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am
Hello;

I faced a bit of problem and thought it might concern you for future updates, or maybe at least a current quick alternative.

It's about Storebox and redSHOP; target is to make the closest similar look to the demo of Storebox & Virtuemart. I will only discuss the frontpage/homepage here.

In the demo you can find that NSP GK5 was used to display VM products on the homepage; however, NSP GK5 does not support redSHOP! So maybe you can use its predecessor, NSP GK4, because it supports redSHOP? But unfortunately, Storebox itself does not support NSP GK4!
I also tried to check a relevant topic https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-show-pro-gk4/nsp-gk4-v3-3-7-shows-nothing-26624.html, but it did not come in handy.

So maybe you can make NSP GK5 support redSHOP, or make Storebox support NSP GK4.

What do you think? Can this be done soon? Or is there an alternative to suggest in the meantime?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:00 pm
Hi

GK5 is our new product and still in development mode. Then a final version will be released I believe it will support REDshop as well.

About style for NSP GK4 in storebox I think You can use a default style and than add tome styling with css. Plese prepare it and show it to me, than if Your request for stiling will not be extend I'll help You with it.

GK User
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:50 pm
Hi teitbite;
Thanks for help.

Well, no doubt NSP GK5 is more preferable, so it is real good news to know it will support redSHOP. Do you have an ETA for this release?

For GK4 in the mean time, I have already installed it and tried your hint in the link I mentioned before, but the style you suggested in that topic only worked for the Normal mode, and it only showed the products with no good styling at all. So honestly I do not have much time to test on my current project as it is now being wrapped for final delivery.

However, and since you offered a generous help, I think maybe I can do a fresh installation for testing and give you access to it so that we can work together and at the end we can get a new style to match that of the template demo site, but obviously using GK4 & redSHOP.

I believe this will be great benefit for all of us, as well as the Gavick community.
What do you think?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:05 am
Hi

For sure we should try :) Let me know when You will prepare the test site. And yes please set it as default style.