NSP GK4 v3.3.7 will not recognise new articles

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:48 pm
Hello!
The site's experiencing an odd problem... we wish to pull in joomla articles, and have a category set up to do so, called 'case studies'. Initially, when set up, the module recognised the articles - all 4 of them set up as a test. However, when a new article is added to the category, that new article never shows, and only the original 4 will show.

Details:
Joomla 3.0
Template : gk_news
News Show Pro GK4 ver. 3.3.7
K2 not installed
URL: http://dupont.indivo.net/
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:02 pm
Hi

First of all please update joomla to 3.1.1 . I know there was a date format issue with 3.0 , so if this is the problem I'm thinking about update will help.

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

First of all please update joomla to 3.1.1 . I know there was a date format issue with 3.0 , so if this is the problem I'm thinking about update will help.

Thank you so much for your reply! Since I last posted, we've updated the joomla to 3.1.1, so that's up to date; this has not corrected the problem.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 am
Hi

So looks like it's still not fixed :(

Please use this solution: https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-show ... st#p110518

When a fix will be released You will be able to update it.

GK User
Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:13 pm
Exact same problem here...using a K2 category as data source. New articles don't show up in the module, the old ones I imported from an old site worked. I noticed that only items with a "modified" date would show up fine. So I tried deleting the "creation date" and "start publishing date" and saved again...now the items show up, that's my workaround without messing with the code.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:51 am
Hi

That's a great information. You may have just found the cause of the problem :) I'm writing to programmers to check if modification date is not reversed with published date. This would explain problem of an article not showing at all :) Thanks.

I'm guessing K2 in joomla 3 is not writing publish date to database and it was missed during recodding the module to this version.