NSP module not showing recent articles

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm
I have this module published with these settings for a "Latest News" section of my homepage

but when I publish a new article it isn't showing up in the module.

The time offset doesn't need to be changed as the timezone in Joomla, and the timezone where my hosting is are both the same as mine.

Don't understand what's going on.

Would it be better to use K2 tools to show 5 newest articles on my homepage? Or is there a way to get this module to work? I'm having a lot of issues with this module it seems.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:57 pm
I used this solution and it worked:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-show ... st#p110518

Can someone explain why that works? Doesn't it mean it's reading a whole 24 hour delay? Don't understand.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:02 am
We tried to allow users to set their time offset similar way to setting their locale time zone to calculate date and time because the way current date and time sets in articles or items are not correct but because not many users set their time zone and or adjust offset in module following is what is happening.

Example new k2 item created and following is date and time: 27-06-2013 17:57

Current code in NSP without any offset would check up to following date and time 27-06-2013 00:00
Because of this it cannot retrieve latest items.

If you use standard joomla way it would show normal UTC time zone regardless where you are which is still not correct. So if there are any future publications then they would also show in module.

So in your linked topic they are adding 24 hours extra to time which would be 28-06-2013 00:00 so if user has an article to only show at 22:00 and time is not yet 22:00 but that article will still show in module so its not the best way but if there are no future articles or items then that would work.

Developers are aware of this situation and looking at the best way to remedy this situation.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:53 pm
So with that edit is it guaranteed to always show new articles as they are posted? I don't want it to work "now and then" I'd just like to make sure it will show new articles as they are published regardless of when.

Thanks for the response.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:37 am
Yes it will work.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder