Not displaying correct VM categories

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:25 pm
Hello! I apologize if this question has already been asked, but I could not find it on this forum. If it had indeed been asked, I would kindly ask the moderators to direct me to it.

Anyway, I am using GK Bike Store template in Joomla 2.5, and inside the News Show Pro GK4 I would like to assign certain VM categories that I have created, and post the module on my front page, showing the latest products in those categories. But, for whatever reason, in Data Source tab, when I click on "virtuemart categories" in a Source of Articles drop-down menu, I only get offered to chose between the preset template categories (Bike Framesets, Bike Helmets etc.). As if the newly-created VM categories don't exist, or the module chooses to ignore them. Could anyone know the solution to this?

I thank you in advance.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 am
I have seen this when you have different language in joomla front end and backend. Such as below example.

Front End : Spanish Default.
Back End: English.

Creating virtuemart categories goes to virtuemart_categories_es_Es
When logged in to backed admin language is English so module is looking for virtuemart_categories_en_EN so you need to login to backend with the same language as your frontend language.

If you haven't made any changes to languages and using English as default please let us know and we will check further with your website.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:55 pm
Ah, so, if I am using Serbian language as a front-end language, I should use it as a back-end language as well? OK, I will try this in a little while and get back to you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 pm
This has indeed solved the problem. Thank you kindly for your help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:38 pm
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder