Different behaviour FFox/Chrome/IExplorer

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm
Hello,

I had newShowPro1 installed on a Joomla 1.5 and it worked.

I upgraded php to 5.2.6 for security reasons and NewsShoProGk1 stopped working.

So I upgraded to Gk4 as well (GK4 v.3.3), but now I see different behaviour between Firefox/Chrome/IE

I you go to www.lancianocultura.eu with chrome or IE you will see the module working correctly and with its pagination working as expected.

But if you use Firefox you will see the first news and then it goes blank. I had to activate autoanimation to see all the news because even the pagination would disappear otherwise.

Here my actual system settings:
PHP Built on: Linux opus19 3.7.10-opus #8 SMP Fri Mar 22 12:21:06 CET 2013 x86_64
Database Version: 4.1.23-pro-gpl-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.6-1+lenny9
Web Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix)
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.26 Stable [ senu takaa ama busani ] 27-March-2012 18:00 GMT

I dont' think it's about GK4 configuration becuase it works on chrome/IE. I tried all the possibile config combination but the result is the same.

Thanks for your help
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I need to stop animation to check it.

teitbite
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:08 pm
Hi

This is because of validation error on Your site. You have an unclosed <div> tag somewhere within content and FF is closing it by default in a wrong place I'm afraid. Please check html syntax in Your articles/custom content. This may help: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0

GK User
Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:29 pm
Hello,

thank you for your answer... I did not get (or see) the notification, so I didn't realize that you answered...

Anyway from your suggestion it seems that on line 98 there is the div not closed... so I unpublished the article that generated such error, infact in the new validation the line 98 error is no more present, but the firefox problem still occur...

You can see by yourself if you unpublish the articles 388 and 359 you can see that there is no more any missing div, but the problem is still there...

Or maybe I did not understand what you meant... or some other validation error...

Thanks for you assistance...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:11 pm
Hi

I've checked but the order of divs is still wrong. In Your case the module pagination was pushed inside article div. This is possible only when FF is trying to fix validation error and closing divs on it's own. Unfortunately it's hard to spot it with validator since it's only counting the number of closed and opened tags, so if there are two errors it can not show it at all. But I think the issue is with the last mentioned script in validator.

Can advice 2 things:

- try fixing other validation issues
- check how it looks like when pagination is disabled

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:39 am
Hello,

thank you for your answer. I'm not such geek to be able to fix _all_ validation errors, so I think I will make do with having the module working that way...

Thanks for your efforts to help me... I thought there could be an easier way to solve it, but I realize that it could depend on the template or whatever...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:30 am
Hi

Sorry I couldn't help. As You can see from my screen the code for NSP module is different than it was designed, so I'm a little bit surprised that it works at all.