NSP settings: VM + 'by order'

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 12:08 pm
Hi

I'm trying to show products 'by order' but does seem to work. I've checked database and i think the number of orders is saved in the column 'product_ordered', then i've checked in mod_news_pro_gk4 folder structure and i have not found any database query for this.

How works filter 'by order'?

How I can change it or file should I change?

Regards.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 29, 2013 6:23 am
Hi

Please edit /modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_klasses/gk.source.vm.php and replace line 218:

Code: Select all
         ORDER BY
            '.$order_options.'

to

ORDER BY `product_ordered`

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 pm
Hi

I tried doing this change but not works, not shows top sellers, also 'ascending' or 'descending' sort order not works. I'm using 3 different modules of NSP in mainpage to show 'news', 'offers' and 'top seller' and if i change that code the other two modules also change. You can see this:

www.juguetitossex.com
User: propa
Pass: propa

If possible to do what i want... cool, but if it's too difficult don't worry, i will display top sellers manually using product_id.

Regards
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 pm
Hi

This modification will affect all modules, so I believe You should looks for a different module to make it like that. Sorry.

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please edit /modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_klasses/gk.source.vm.php and replace line 218:

ORDER BY
            '.$order_options.'

to

ORDER BY `product_ordered`

I tried your suggestion, but it still didn't sort my VM products by order>
I'm using NSro v 3.3.8

CAn give me some other advice ?

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 am
Hi

That's odd. This is the most direct approach to make it. Please send me an access to ftp so I'll try some changes.

GK User
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

That's odd. This is the most direct approach to make it. Please send me an access to ftp so I'll try some changes.

Hello I sent you a PM

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 pm
Hi

I've just spend 5h trying to make this order thing. I really wanted to make it for You to pay back for such a big delay in my answer, but unfortunately I could not find a way to do this.

There is no information about order in database and as I'm looking at the product list there is no order column there as well. It's visible only in category view, but I could not find a place where this information is stored, I've checked multiple posts on VM forum about this and found nothing, except ppl complaining that they cannot find that either. Sadly no answer with at least a tip what to do :(

I believe our programmers has the same problem since in older version of VM there is a column in database called "pordering", but it's gone in newer version so NSP was modified that sorting by id is used in such case instead :(

I'm so sorry I kept You waiting for nothing, but I really cannot find a solution for this issue :(

teitbite
Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 pm
Hi

There is a small hope in this case :) Other user with the same issue has gave me an idea. There is a column in VM database in table virtuemart_products "pordering" which we can use to make work for our favour. But during testing Your site, I've noticed that values in this column are not updating, so I really do not know what is it related with. Please read last 3 posts from this thread: https://www.gavick.com/forums/esport/vi ... 10#p142810 , I hope this will through some light on the problem.