The World News II all links not working

Free responsive Joomla 2.5 and 3.x module to present your content with easy and intuitive way.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 am
I installed the quick launch of the world news II today, and i have updated all that needs to be updated including K2, News Show Pro GK4 and joomla.

I created a new category and assigned article to them. It show up correctly on the front page slide show. but when you click on that particular article it just links back to the home page.

i have done as instructed here: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... s-working/ but still it doesnt work. additionally, the link to the category i created shows up as a 404 error.

i have tried turning on and off the options for SEF Urls, url re-writing but nothing seems to be working.

I really need help. please advise....
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am
1. Create a new menu item ( top level ) linking to newly created K2 item and test it please. If it works please follow Step 2.
2. Create new K2 Category then create a new menu item ( top level ) and link it to this K2 category. Change one of the NSP modules data source to this K2 Category. If it works everything is working. Follow rest.

If you have installed quickstart then later changed K2 category names you might get links not working.
Here is what you do;
Go to menu manager > main menu.
Select a non working menu > change its menu type to K2 category ( default is external url ). Select your K2 category and click on save.

Let me know how it goes. If all these fails please send an admin and ftp access details to my email normanuk [at] live.co.uk and i ll check it out for you.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm
is K2 required? i have no K2 installed im starting from scratch...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 pm
If you installed quickstart package K2 is already installed.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 pm
i have a "quickstart" install and a "fresh" install version of the site. in both installation, the links do not work and just goes back to the home page. but you can see the URL has changed but its just not showing the article.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 pm
ok i tried the instructions you told me to do, i made a new K2 item, a new k2 category and used the k2 category on News Show Pro. it worked, the links are pointing to the correct article.

but the problem is, we have hundreds of articles imported from our old joomla 1.5 site and they are not in K2. this is why I use "joomla categories" on the News Show Pro module... how do i make this work?

should i give you the access to our sites?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:57 pm
K2 item category / menu was just to test new stuff works old stuff doesn't ;)

If you have edited quickstart menu items / category names etc then I think that is where the error is.

Send the access details to my email normanuk [at] live.co.uk and I ll take a look.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:01 pm
the links never work from the start. even after installing quickstart the links to the sample pages never worked.

i did a clean install off joomla 2.5 and installed news show pro gk4 and any news i add doesnt work either.

i have sent access to my site.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:21 am
How you getting on with this jvn7?
--------------------------------------------------
For information only for other users , be careful when importing joomla 1.5 articles and categories to joomla 2.5 ;)

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:24 am
IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
but i ran into a problem with jomsocial datepicker. jomsocial sait its template related...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am
Its not template related at all. If you go to your joomla admin > any configuration page you will see there are lots of javascript and page errors. Template has no effect at this stage.

Did you install any third party plugins or is this again related to your upgrades from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:13 am
i did install some plugins. im just not sure which one did this... what do you suggest i do?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:46 am
Can you please reinstall jomsocial first. As in about us page it says version 2.6.2 and in component it says 2.6.0 so it shouldn't do that.

Once you reinstall the component, also reinstall apps and modules for version 2.6.2.

Then we will take it from there.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 am
in fact i already did that...

first i reinstalled jomsocial 2.6.0 and it didnt work. they told me to patch to the latest version which is 2.6.2, and it still didnt work. then they told me its a template issue...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 am
If you see errors or problems in standard admin page then normal front site template is not the problem ;)

As there is a lot of js conflicts even in joomla standard admins page I am going to overwrite joomla admin files with a new version to make sure all required files are there.

So in meanwhile please do not change anything on your site as I will be working on it. I ll post back in here when I am finished.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 am
whoopsy!
i deleted jomsocial..... let me install it back first
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 am
It is ok leave it for now, we should fix your admin errors first before installing other components.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:55 am
ok... but the frontpage is screwed up because i uninstalled jomsocial... is that ok?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 am
If its ok with you its ok with me. By the way how many admins working on this site, it is showing 7 :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:04 am
only me, but i have it open on several pc's and windows... and my session time is 15000 :P
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 am
Ok re uploaded few files and seems js errors are gone.

Please install jomsocial now so we can check frontend.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:59 am
ohkie dhokie artichokie!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 pm
NORMMAAANNN!!! YOU ARE THE BEAST!!!!
the date picker works now!!!
what did you do??????
can u tell me where you viewed the errors???
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 pm
Most web developer tools / browsers shows these conflicts.

Such as using Firebug with Firefox ;)

Some of the files you had was left overs from joomla 1.5. That was the cause of the error. So I am not sure how your website end up with such files so when you have time you should overwrite your current files with fresh copy of joomla files to make sure you don't get further errors.

Before you attempt above please backup your site.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 pm
ohhhhh i see ok thanks!
sorry for the stupid questions. im not very familiar with most of these yet. but im still learning. :)
im just 11 but i know a few stuff already. thanks again!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 pm
11 ok, So we are looking at the future developer of joomla then ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 pm
im trying :)
its my first big break! wish me luck!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:59 pm
I didnt want to open a new topic.

But I have almost the same problem on my site.

The links are not working.

Could you have a brief look on my page: aktepe.org

Thanks in advance !

Very desperate at the moment :-/////
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:42 am
Make sure your menu structure is correct and you have a menu item created for your article category or K2 category.

Such as If you have following example categories;

News\
News\Sports
News\Politics
News\Weather

So if you have a menu item linked to "Sports" category then only links under "Sports" will work, rest wont work. So create a menu item to parent category such as "News" or create a menu item for each category then all links should work.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:17 pm
Thank you very much for the reply. I'm getting desperate :-/

I dont understand your idea completely but I think I have allready made such a nmenu structure (see pics).
I must admit, that K2 and so on was installed, but never used and therefore it was disabled all the time. I made the Menu which really worked fine for months with the standard Joomla Menu (without any other plugin etc).
After getting the problem with the menu some days ago, I uninstalled all K2 things from Plugins.
Do you think it might have somehting to do with it?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:00 pm
Please send me an access information to your admin panel, send details to either my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk or via private message in here.
Platinum Boarder