Box quickstart package not installing.

25 April, 2016
GK User
Fri May 20, 2016 1:06 pm
Hi There,
I am trying to get the full Box template installed on my site but I get and internal configuration error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

Please could anyone confirm if they are having the same issue?
When I download and install the template itself on a joomla instance it works with out issues but I don't want to have to install each module and plugin seperately.

Joomla version 3.0

David
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 23, 2016 12:28 am
Given the fact I paid for support the service here is pretty pants!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 24, 2016 12:14 am
Resolved: I wrote to my hosts with details of the folder I was trying to install from and I was informed that the permission on the folder were to "laxed" which was causing the server to throw up a 500 error!
I have tried and it works like a charm. Good luck!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 24, 2016 4:50 pm
I had the same issue, the problem resides on the installation folder having the wrong file permissions with the quick install package. Change the folder permissions to 755 and this should resolve the issue with the installer giving you the 500 internal error.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 29, 2016 12:58 pm
Hi

I've already reported this problem to programmers, packages will be fixed soon.

GK User
Sun May 29, 2016 10:11 pm
Same issue. Which folder permissions? Install folder or the root folder? Root is already 755.
Thanks,
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:47 pm
Hi

I meant main folder all files are located in, but this should already be fixed. Does the installation even starts, or You see error 500 from the beginning ?

Can I please know more details? It could be a different issue like for example outdated mysql version on server.

GK User
Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:53 pm
Fixed this by changing Install folder and its sub-folders to 755 permissions.
Gorast
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:23 pm
Hi

Great to hear it. I've already passed the message to programmers to correct it in packages.