How can I add a sidebar to frontpage template?

GK User
Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:01 pm
I need sidebar on homepage (frontpage template) near to news show pro module and it's not so easy. When I do it, the module wrong shows the posts. HELP!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:16 pm
Hi,

Where exactly the sidebar should be placed? Next to first header block with posts or near to "MOST RATED" News Show Pro widget and advert?

GK User
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:59 pm
The best it will be near to 'what's new' (3 columns) and sidebar. I need menu with categories in a sidebar. It's absolutely needful:)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:53 am
The What's new section is based on template frontpage and you can't add widgets (sidebar) there. Unfortunately this kind of customization is beyond our techcnial support, if you are interested I can recommend you a great customization service: https://tidycustoms.net/

GK User
Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 pm
Thank you so much for your help. The last question: how it works the module news show pro on frontpage. It's so complicated. I need 2 rows (and 4 columns with pagination) and system shows me 3 rows, despite I set up in the widget 2 rows.
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:45 am
Hi, which News Show Pro exactly? Because there are several instances on the TechNews frontpage.

GK User
Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:04 pm
I don't really understand because I can't see any difference between the options in this module in fronpage settings. Data source: categories, article wrapper: default, article format: none
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:25 am
Please check the documentation:
https://www.gavick.com/wordpress-themes ... ge-widgets
You should find the configuration of alll frontpage widgets.

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:59 pm
I know this documentation and there's no nothing about 'whats new' module. I need 2 rows and with pagination and it's doesn't work. This frontpage settings should be more flexible...
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:48 am
What's new is not a module/widget - it's a section from template.frontpage and you can only select a source categories. If you wan to change amount of posts, please edit your template.frontpage.php file and change this fragment:
Code: Select all
$args_posts = array(
    'post_type' => 'post',
    'cat' => get_theme_mod('technews_filtered_categories', '')
);

to:
Code: Select all
$args_posts = array(
    'post_type' => 'post',
    'cat' => get_theme_mod('technews_filtered_categories', ''),
    'posts_per_page' => 8
);

Then you'll have 8 posts (2 rows)

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Thank you so much! It works! But the last one thing: it doesn't work article pagination. I would like to have 3 pages with news on frontpage...
Junior Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 am
It requires more modifications - unfortunately beyond our technical support, I'll check the issue and maybe we'll add it as an improvement to next theme updates.