Newbie question

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:13 pm
I've been using Joomla for years, switched to wordpress today. Everything's easier. Except:
On Joomla choosing 3 articles to show up in a module was easy. On wordpress and this theme I can't find how to assign articles to be the top 3 articles featured on the top of the technews slider on the static front page. I have 3 articles I want to remain there and not be replaced by new articles when new content is added.

Stupid newbie wordpress question I'm sure, but I'm hoping someone will be kind and throw me a bone.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:36 pm
Hi,

Unfortunately the full customization guide for TechNews theme is not ready yet, so this kind of questions are normal :)

Articles with "featured" tag are displayed in frontpage header, so it's enough to create new post and add this tag. You can also change this tag name and other options connected with the frontpage in your Customizer -> Frontpage section.

GK User
Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am
Excellent and thank you Piotr. Could I take just a second more of your time and ask you how I would go about limiting the "what's new" section (analogous to gknewshowpro) to a single row, perhaps moving it to the bottom after other widgets, or perhaps remove it all together? I'm thinking I probably need to comment out some php somewhere since it seems to be pulling from some static snippets somewhere and not really a widget.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:11 am
Hi,

It's a default posts query, so you can change the amount in Settings -> Reading and "Blog pages show at most" option. Unfortunately you can't move this setion easily, because it's based on template page.

If you want to remove this section, please edit TechNews/template.frontpage.php file and remove fragment from line 104 to 145.

GK User
Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:16 am
Excellent, everything I needed to know neatly summarized. Thanks kind sir!
Fresh Boarder