Always returns the default language template on multilingual

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 pm
After updating to J 3.7.4, this line of code returns always the menu for the default language, so other languages menus won't appear when switching langs.

Code: Select all
$this->mainmenu->loadMenu($this->API->get('menu_name','mainmenu'));
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:28 pm
Hi

How are Your multilanguage configured. Do You have one menu with options attached to different languages or couple of menus, where one menu is attached to template style/module position. Or are You using Falang maybe?

GK User
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:53 pm
No Falang - just core Joomla.

Menus: One main menu for each language - then template styles for each language assigned to the menu items of each language menu. Each template style is configured to load the corresponding menu as its menu as well.

Before the update it was working fine. After the update it stopped showing the menus when changing languages and it seems that the reason is that the above code always returns the default menu of the default language.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:31 am
Hi

Everything works when I check my copy of Hotel template on a joomla 3.7.4, so I will need You to send me an access to FTP and joomla panel along with an url to Your site to my email [email protected]