Multiple Google Analytics Accounts not working

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:15 am
If I add a second Google Analytics (GA) User Account with the type set to "Universal Analytics", it isn't picked up by GA. Only traffic from the first one in order is picked up (real time view). If I change the order, again only the first one (thus the other one) is now picked up. Changing the type to "Google Analytics" solves this issue but I see this as not preferred. Is this a bug?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:46 am
Could you please post an url to your site?

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:46 am
The URL is wind-rose.co.za and meanwhile I fixed this by overruling the code in /templates/gk_hotel/lib/framework/helper.social.php. Google has strict rules which I have applied and now it works. Trick is that second and third UA and so on must be amended each time like ga(\'create\', \'UA-12345678-1\', \'auto\'); ga(\'create\', \'UA-12345678-2\', {\'name\':\'yourtext\'}); ga(\'send\', \'pageview\'); ga(\'yourtext.send\', \'pageview\') instead of adding more of the same script lines. Please update the template code so I can replace and test this for you.
This link has helped me:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1899 ... alytics-js
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 pm
Thanks for sharing the solution. I'll post it further to our devteam.

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:22 pm
The patch is being prepared and will be applied to all our templates. It should be available with next templates update.