editing

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:51 pm
Hi

Padding, Overrides , Less nothing seems to work. what am i doing wrong????
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:49 pm
What are you trying to do?

GK User
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:00 am
I'm trying to edit the css
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:34 pm
Where? In a .css file? override.css? Text box in template settings?

GK User
Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:59 am
I'm trying to customize the template by adding/changing color and reducing padding, there is just to much padding and i need it minimized. How i went about editing this is by using the browser "chrome" and then saved the changes, after which the changes i made did not load as it normally does with other templates. I also tried editing sheets in the Less folder followed by clicking "Compile LESS" and then clicking "save" even then the changes did not load. I also followed the same process in Dreamweaver instead of which I transferred the files using Filezilla still then, my changes did not override existing files. MY override sheets also end up empty after file transfer. Below is the files i tried to edit.

In the CSS folder i tried editing the following:
-override.css
-template.css
-joomla.css
-variables.css

In the LESS folder i tried editing the following:
-gk.stuff.less
-module-suffixes.less
-variables.less
-template.less
-override.less
-joomla.less
-k2.less
-layout.less
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:12 pm
1. Please disable less compilation.
2. Please add all your changes to override.css file (which can be found in css folder) and upload it with use of ftp client. Its better to use override.css instead of editing template core files. Whenever you will decide to update the template it is going to be the only file you will need to manually archive and replace after the update.
3. Please verify using browser if changes are visible on the server (by accessing override.css dirrectly), if so, all should be working fine.

GK User
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:10 am
it's coming together, thank you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:24 pm
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.