Ecommerce style child

Multipurpose WordPress Theme Forum Support
GK User
Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:22 pm
I am installing from scratch a new site and after install the theme gk_quark.zip (not activated) I can not find the child ecommerce.

In the manual said "gk_quark.zip - This is the basic theme package for installing in the WordPress backend, so you should download this package for manual installation. It also includes all additional style child
themes, so there's no need to download these styles separately."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Joselu
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:54 pm
Hi,

We had to change it. (Users had an issue with installing the default gk_quark.zip file from Appearance -> Themes because the package contained also child themes). So now if you want to use a child theme, please download it separately from the Quark download page: https://www.gavick.com/download/downloa ... emes/quark

GK User
Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:29 pm
I have made several tests in localhost:
1.- I have installed the child, tells me that the father has been installed but not working. Installation breaks. WordPress does not work more.
2.- I have also installed first theme father and then the child. Everything works except the cart, newsletters pop-up, the head of the home (the image does not cover the screen) and network buttons do not appear in the footer that I can see.
3.- I have also installed the quickstart and everything looks correct. But I like clean installations.

Thanks very much,
Joselu
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:37 am
Hi,

Your second solution is correct - but it's a clean theme installation, so you have to configure newsletter, cart etc. manually.

GK User
Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:30 pm
Hi, I followed the steps in the manual (settings Newsletter and Cart), and social networking icon through the forum.
But the Newsletter popup nor the shopping cart does not work.
How will I configure for display the popup Newsletter and shopping cart?
Thanks very much,
Joselu
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:41 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) ? Then I'll be able to check your Newsletter and Cart issues.