Text Widgets Not rendering

Multipurpose WordPress Theme Forum Support
GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 pm
Hi

I am trying to add a MailChimp signup form for Newsletter in the same location as the e mail sign up that is mocked up in the Quark Template.

I removed the "mock up" Text Widget from the template location and it is still rendering-I cleared cache and it still is there and the Mail Chimp text widget using [mc4wp_form] AND also the MailChimp widget both do not render when set up. :(

Are there other locations you have to configure for widgets rendering on frontpage?

Thanks

C
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:40 am
Hey,

From what I can tell is if you want this on the frontpage then you need to replace the Pages > Newsletter with your own from Mailchimp etc.

I will be trying to do the same thing.

Good Luck
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:01 am
Hi,

This similar thread should be helpful:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/simplicit ... page-24243
and like @mjranim said, the form should be added into Newsletter (subpage of the Frontpage).

GK User
Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:10 pm
Thanks all for your quick replies. I have managed to edit the required pages/widget locations and also got the MailChimp form string embedded.

Cheers

Craig
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:13 pm
mjranim wrote:Hey,

From what I can tell is if you want this on the frontpage then you need to replace the Pages > Newsletter with your own from Mailchimp etc.

I will be trying to do the same thing.

Good Luck

Thanks-got it figured out-hope you did as well. Found my custom embed string in the MC form builder section-go figure!
:roll:
Junior Boarder