Problems viewing on iPhone

Photo, amazing way to showcase your architecture, photography or artistic projects | Support forum.
GK User
Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:49 am
Viewing the site on my iPhone 5s, a couple of very noticeable issues:

1. The frame at bottom of screen with Menu and social media buttons fills about 30% of the screen area. If I flip the phone into landscape mode, this expands to over 50% of the screen, making it impossible to view any content.

2. The text on the slideshow scrolls up, and then suddenly the first line of text ("an unique" or "an amazing" in the demo) expands to fill the full screen width for a fraction of a second, before reverting back to normal size.

Any suggestions of how this can be fixed?
Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:00 pm
IMG_8667.png

Please do respond. I have the same problem. When I view the live purchase demo on my smartphone it looks fine. When I use my version, it's not (see screens below)..
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:44 am
Hello,

@Pavi, @deity999 - please provide me URLs to your websites I will try to prepare some temporary solutions for you and also I will report this issue for deeper investigation during the next update.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:45 pm
I've analyzed this issue and it seems that you should both replace in the header.php file inside the template directory line:

Code: Select all
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">

to:

Code: Select all
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:59 pm
Excellent, looks great now!! Thanks man, you guys rock!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:51 pm
Thanks for the help - I'll try this first thing tomorrow - great support!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:34 am
Looks great in landscape mode now. (In portrait mode, the title and social icons still take up 3 lines).

However the first line of scrolling text is still expanding for a short time. It seems to be expanding to the width of the text in the second line (not full screen width as I originally thought).
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:13 pm
@Pavi - please visualize the issue, because I don't understand your description.
Administrator