K2 Not Working

A professionally designed template for photographers and architects
GK User
Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:44 am
I have recently downloaded your Photo Template.
I am attempting to add my own images to the site, but K2 is not uploading my images when selected from my computer. The size of the image is 788kb (I noticed the max is 2MB). It attempts to load the image, but instead just a white screen appears and no other settings are saved.

I have also attempted to upload the image to Media (which DOES work), however, when in K2 and the image is selected, it again directs to a blank screen and nothing is saved.

Please could you let me know what the problem is and/or how to fix it.

Thank you.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:38 am
Hi

Try reinstall K2 and see if permissions on /media folder and it's subfolders allow uploading files. Check if Your server has GD Library installed. It's required to create images in different formats. If none of the above will help please contact K2 support.

GK User
Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:05 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Try reinstall K2 and see if permissions on /media folder and it's subfolders allow uploading files. Check if Your server has GD Library installed. It's required to create images in different formats. If none of the above will help please contact K2 support.

Hi, Thanks for the help.
I have reinstalled K2 as suggested, and I'm still having the exact same issue.
Not sure where I find the GD Library?

Also, I was told that the way to contact GD support is on this forum - so not sure how else to get them to help me?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:52 pm
Hi

GD Library is a package of commands for image processing and it should be installed on server, so it's a task to hosting provider. You can find it here: https://libgd.github.io/

But it's just one of my guesses, GD Lib is quite popular, so You may have it already. Better ask K2 support since problem is present in K2 panel which is not connected in any way with our products.

GK User
Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:10 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

GD Library is a package of commands for image processing and it should be installed on server, so it's a task to hosting provider. You can find it here: https://libgd.github.io/

But it's just one of my guesses, GD Lib is quite popular, so You may have it already. Better ask K2 support since problem is present in K2 panel which is not connected in any way with our products.

Thanks for your help.
Is there nothing that GavickPro can do to assist further?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:10 pm
Hi

I would be happy if it was, but that's not our product and I simply do not know its code. For sure its developers are better suit to assist You with it.