Dumb question about new articles in K2 and div/classes

A professionally designed template for photographers and architects
GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 am
Hi,

I have just started using your photo template and never used K2 before AND never used classes in articles for getting text to behave in some way (I know - newbe)

It strikes me very difficult to add classes to parts of text manually. Can't this be chosen from predefined classes list or something?
I use the JCE editor mostly as the build in editor for adding images is so limited when wanting to control the image size or ever choose the picture itself.
Is there something I have missed in installing or configuring the template that would make my life easier when writing an article and defining properties for the text
In this case projects and their projekt size, pictures, completion date, credits etc.

I would think there would be a dropdown menu to add a class to the text i question if you highlight the text first etc.

Just to make sure before I start adding my stuff to the page

Sincerely,

Dominicus
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 pm
OK after little investigation I realized that the plugins were not installed
I now have installed them, BUT (see the attached screenshot)
If I load a new K2 article it tries to load the xml file from a false location
..../templates/typography
and not inside the template folder where it resides

What can I do to fix this?

Sincerely,

Dominicus
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:59 pm
OK I found several mentionings of the same and fixed it
BUT the initial question still remains; How can I easily apply a class to a text like the gk typography
because all classes are missing from the gk typography

The classes I refer to are those that are on this Photo template-portfolio part so the projects get displayed correctly

Sincerely,

Dominicus
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:26 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I think You just have a wrong version of plugin. Our typography adds the class and html structure on one click and than You just need to change the content.

GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 pm
Posted an email
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:31 pm
A nuge to remind you to take a look
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 pm
Hi

Please do not bump Your own questions. I have less time becuase of Holidays, so cannot process as many questions as usual and bumps resets dates and moves question to the end of the line.

I've checked Your problem and typography works ok. If You click the style than it is adding a text with classes to editor. Than You just need to change the text. I've made a video for You. http://recordit.co/6iRsXgBdGk

If You want any custom classes than there is no other way than to do this with html. It's also possible to extend editor with such function, but I do not know much about that. Try lookign at Your editor's website.

GK User
Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:32 pm
you can add your classes to JCE through a special css file. search their site for a tutorial on that. You can also manually add a class to any span through the "Insert/Edit Attributes" icon on the JCE toolbar. just type your class in right there or select it from the list if you wireup your css file to work with the jce editor.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:04 am
Thanks to both of you for the reply. The problem however is not with the classes NOT showing up in the gk typography
BUT that the classes are missing from the css in the first place.
I don't know if they are ever intended to be there but the templates would be a lot easier to work with if they would be!

I'm refering to the classes added to the portfolio pages if you want to add a new portfolio page and need to get the texts on the page layout right - like in the demopages.
It would be good to have a class you could add and then fill in the text in the right places (just like you show on the video Teitbite)
You would just have to replace a lorem ipsum text with your own and there it would be.
Now you have to look thru the manual to get the right classes
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:09 pm
Hi

I got a little bit confused. Are we still talking about typography ? Css files are included in every template, but You need to allow using them in template settings. Do You mean that it's not being used even if activated ?? Please tell me the url to the page where typography should be visible but is not.

GK User
Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 pm
Sorry for being unspecific
See attached pic.
I haven't been able to find these classes in the GK typography when editing an article
The pic is a bit blurry, but I think you know which I mean

Don't sweat ofǘer this as I think I'll use an extension for portfolio instead that I found

But it would certainly make the life easier for users
I don't know if it's possible to implement, but sure would be nice

Happy holidays,

Dominicus
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:05 am
Hi

Ok . Now I know nothing ;/ Do You mean that typography should help make a 3 columns layout ? I'm sorry. I honestly do not know what You have in mind :( What style ? Is it about typography not working correctly or an extra function for typography ? I cannot see text in this image, sorry.

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:34 pm
I honestly don't know if the part to put the texts in the right places on your templates portfolio section should be in the gk_typography BUT it would help a lot to add projects to the site
The code I'm looking for is attached in the pic
but roughly it contains div classes like:
"itemIntroText"
"project-info"
"project-description"
"project-details"
"projekt-link"

Hope this highlights the matter a bit more - sorry for making this a difficult matter, but I'm just trying to make the template easy to use for the end-user but now it isn't

Thanks,

Dominicus
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:52 pm
Hi

Now I got what You are talking about. Unfortunately there is no way to automate easily. Sorry. http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/photo/i ... e-features