Menu's for multi language

GK User
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:28 pm
Created languages, enabled language filter, created menu's for languages and all (navigation / modules) seems to work fine for different languages as long as home menu for the specific language is not set, see picture.
Header_assigned_menu_ALL.JPG

As soon as I set the home menu for specific menu language to home, content / layout disappears although they are set to the specific language and modules are assigned to this menu to appear.
Header_assigned_menuNL.JPG

Reason that I need home menu's for different language to use correct meta tag.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 am
Just for information purpose, I have posted earlier about multi language and added positions like bottom2_nl so maybe it has something to do with the header_nl created that needs some extra CSS in order to work with a specific menu other than the default mainmenu-left?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Hi

I think the problem is different. Each new language created a different home element and to keep the same layoutYou will need to add same page class suffix for each home page. If I remember correctly a frontpage's page class suffix in this tmplate is "frontpage", so make sure to add it for any new default page. Here an example how to add page class suffix in our tmplates:

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

GK User
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:19 pm
Yep, that fixed the problem. Thank you!

I have posted an issue in https://www.gavick.com/forums/steak-hou ... uage-54205 which is already closed but the solution to add code in override.css works but not for the responsive pages for a mobile phone. Which code do I need to add in the override?

Or do you want me to open a new thread for this one?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:34 pm
Added screen captures for issue resizing to smaller screen (like mobile) although css code added in override.css.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:10 am
Hi

It's because of a content of one module. Just add this to override,css:

Code: Select all
.box.gk-description {
    overflow-x: hidden;
}

and the part that breaks it will get cut.

GK User
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 pm
Nope. Added to override.css plus shift/F5 but still not resized properly.
Please note that this only happens when the screen is resized!! Normal desktop appearance there is no problem. Only when it needs to be responsive!
Menu_NOK2_withOverride.JPG
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:51 am
Hi

I remember answering to this couple of times already, but I cannot see my answer in any of threads. Anyway I can see it's working now since the fixed width of 1230px has been removed from override. Please confirm it's ok so I'll be bale to close this issue.

GK User
Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:10 pm
Yes it is working now and I am finishing the last parts of the NL (Dutch) version. You did answer twice because the first answer / solution did not work / was missing the width parameter which you gave me in the second answer.
Thanks again and there are some minor issues which I will report later.

This one can be closed and the other one https://www.gavick.com/forums/steak-house-joomla3/gk-menu-on-bottom2-not-aligned-with-multilanguage-54205 is already closed but contains part of the issue / solution as well.
Regards,
Peter
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:51 am
Hi

Ok. In that case, I'm closing this one as well.