Unable to get header icons to stick

Well-designed restaurant Joomla template with parallax effect.
GK User
Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 pm
I have set up the Steakhouse template and I am unable to set the icons above each of the menu
options. The code is supposed to be:

Code: Select all
<li data-scroll-reveal="enter bottom over .5s after .25s"><a href="#menu"><i class="gk-icon-dinner-set-solid"></i> <span>Menu</span></a></li>

But when you save it in Joomla (using your quickstart zip file), it removes the <i> tag entirely, and
that means no icons above the text. It also removes the <span> too. Is there a way to resolve this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:53 pm
Please disable tinyMCE editor in global configuration (change editor to "editor - none").
You might also find some help in this article:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/un ... d-editors/

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:16 pm
Is there an alternative to Tiny that I can use for WYSIWYG? I hate to have to have no editor for all the other content I update.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:29 pm
Another question, where are the icons for this so I can add my own? I went through all the PNG and JPG files and didn't see them and the CSS doesn't indicate the image file. Thank you :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm
Some users says that CodeMirror is a little bit better. You might also go for editor settings and try to disable default filters as it is mentioned in linked article.

If it goest to the icons - they are made with FontFace technology - they use custom font to generate vector like icons. Please check FontAwesome as a sample.

GK User
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:27 am
I have same problem! Please help me!

HTML filtering is off but when i open a modul that contains <i></i> and <span> elements those tags are cleared and i lose icons on frontpage.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:00 pm
It's due to Tiny editor. If i turn off Tiny editor and use only CodeMirror modules keep all html elements but now i cannot turn back Tiny Editor on. Will be funny to use code editor only without WYSIWYG. :(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:54 pm
If you can't switch editor it might be a general Joomla problem (not template related). Did you get any kind of error after saving? What happened exactly?