Order of events within a category

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:53 pm
I am sure this is K2 101 - but how do I order the events within a category.

http://www.internationalautofinance.net/index.php/event

I currently have the 11.20 event appearing before the 9.20 one.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:13 am
Can anyone help on this?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:04 pm
Hi

In category settings there are sorting options, by default the creation date is used, so if this is not correct You need to select something different.

If You have used multiple categories than You need to configure it in menu item settings for this category layout instead.

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:39 pm
Sorry if this is obvious, but I still cannot see it. I have two categories, but they exist under one parent item.

In the category parent I have selected the parent item. In the category I have set "Item ordering" within "Other layout options" to "Ordering".

In the menu item, I have 7 tabs:

Details
Options
Link Type
Page Display
Metadata
Menu Params (GavickPro)
Module Assignment

I cannot find a reference to ordering in any of them, other than the ordering of the menu item within the menu.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:11 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel and url to the page where You want this to be done so I'll check what can be wrong.

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 pm
This has been done. Let me know if you need them again.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:13 pm
Hi

I could not locate the place where it's wrong on Your website, so probably You have done it already, but just in case I just cannot see it I'll try to explain.

If You are showing only one category than settings for order can be set in this category settings, but if You select to show more than one than You have to configure it in menu item. Order itself can be set in items list. First You need to click on the double triangles icon in first column and drag and drop items till You will have it in correct order.

GK User
Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:17 am
http://www.internationalautofinance.net/index.php/event

It is not correct here. Please have a look! This problem has stopped me using this site.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 pm
Hi

Ok. I thought You have used Latest items layout as a workaround but if not than it means that this must be the actual problem. I have changed the menu item type to Category, so now, since I selected single category (Sessions) settings of this category are in charged, so I selected "Ordered" in sorting options of category and looks like it's finally working as You expected.

GK User
Fri May 08, 2015 3:18 pm
Same problem - we've taken your QS and only changed contents to our own. But the Schedule menu doesn't show items in the right order. I even set it to be Alphabetical and Titled sessions with leading session number - to no awail: http://episkop.info/schedule - not in order...
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 11, 2015 10:09 am
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I need to check this articles.

teitbite
Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 pm
Hi

I have compared ordering options and I can see that layout is using an order by creation date. So to force it to show in correct order You need to change creation dates in articles.