Agenda and video issues

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:54 pm
my page http://www.fyue.de/kriya-yoga-lahiri

1, On page Agenda (mainmenu under "Ablaufplan") I can't figure out, how to bring items into the order I wish to have. Under "Freitag" in some hocus pocus way everything is in right order. On "Samstag" it doesn't want to happen according to my ideas. I have tried joomla way of ordering items of the spesific category. But that doesn't work.
2. On homepage under "Geplanter Ablauf" (timetable) data is only shown for one day. How to assign to each tab the data of a different day?
3. Header video is workiing well on big screens. When pushing the link on a smartphone, pop-up window sometimes blocks and nothing is happening. How to make video responsive or fix this problem in some other way?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:53 pm
Great service here, thank you!

Now I figured out the tab thing, Was new to me. Each tab is a module and you can chose in the module, which content goes in.

And there I thought should be a way to order items. There is a paragraf "News order" but whatever I chose there (by order , by date, random etc) has no effect.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:32 pm
Hi

Sorry, for late reply, Your question got moved to solved by automated system by some accident I believe.

1. In Ablaufplan I can see You are using K2 category view. So the order has to be set either in K2 category settings or in menu item settings (only if more than one category was used).

2. I need a better explanation for this problem. Events are sorted by date there, so date is only visible on the left side where You can select it.

3. It's this video fault. Try just using a different embedding option. An iframe instead of flash player.

GK User
Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:10 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Point 2 is solved.

But for the ordering of agenda items, whether in tabs or in the lists either with or without pictures I don't find a clue, although sitting on it for many hours again and again the last weeks.

It seems that things have changed with joomla 3, In menu there is no way to take influense on ordering of K2 items and whatever I set under K2-catergories has no effect whatsoever on the output. I have tried already many things.

Documentation for K2 is almost not existent at least did I find nothing for the actual version.

Could you please describe a definite way how to bring the list of categry items in these lists into the order I want which Is just the order that ist given by time of the day? (in item list I have already rearranged and applied many things almost always with no effect whatsoever)

Then there is an errormessage above upcoming events "Geplanter Ablauf",

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp and joomla panel so I'll try to set the order myself.

Error is just a warning, You can hide it by settings error showing level to None in global joomla settings for server.

teitbite
Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:36 am
Hi

I have found Your ftp access, but one of the websites is not using our template and the other is gone now.

If lowering error sowing level in joomla settings does not work than You need to lower it in php.ini file.

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm
Sorry, I don't know why the links don't work in the email, I have sent you. But if you just go tu this page:

http://kriyayogalahiri.de/
or this page
http://www.fyue.de/kriya-yoga-lahiri/

which is the same I gave in the e-mail, add "administrator" and use the login date I have given you, it should work.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:21 pm
Hi

I can see what the problem was. You have used "Latest items from category" type in menu item settings, so the only possible sorting option was by date created.

I've changed the type to "Categories". Now You can select from multiple options of sorting.

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 pm
Thanks for the hint.

But I didn't change anything under main menu. In the quickstart package the menu item Event has menu item type K2" Latest items from (one or more) users or categories". If you change that to categries the whole template under menu item events (that is Default list - List with pictures - Agenda) is messed up.

The simple trick is, to use creation date of K2 items for ordering items in that way, that what you want to be first in the list has the newest creation date.

So this problem is solved and I am not so far from having a cute web site.

Last remaining issue: the error messages: see: [url]kriyayogalahiri.de[/url] .

When I newly install your quickinstall-package on xampp exactly the same error-messages appeare. So the bug is already in the package.and I am wondering why it doesn't show up in your demo page should it be based on the demo package (and why you deliver a buggy quickstart-package).

When looking for an php.ini file
I find 4 different files with the exact name "php.ini" in the new installation with quickstart package.

Which one is the one to be treated and what to do exactly to make the error messages disappear?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:33 pm
Hi

Great to hear the issue with order was resolved.

None of this files is the php.ini You need. php.ini is unique to the server and has to be within server files. But You should be able to disable showing errors in global joomla configuration for server.

This is not a real error, just a reminder for programmers about new programming standards. In this case it means than functions should not be overwritten, but it is since NSP module was developed over years when this was used on daily basis. Even joomla developers advice to disable showing errors when website is finished. Mostly because there are millions of extensions and some may have show messages like here.

GK User
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:52 pm
Hi,

I asked my provider and he told me that I needed a own server in order to take influense on php.ini which I don't have.

and that gavick should be able to find a solution for the problem without changing php.ini.

But since Gavick does not go into action there is but one thing I can do: turn the featcher off alltogether.

That's what I have done since it really is but a nice but not so important gimmick.

Chears!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:08 pm
Hi

Ok. I just did not know that You are sharing server with other users. You can always add a code to top of /layout/default.php file:

Code: Select all
error_reporting(0);