Events Manager "QuickStart" missing (modules)/components

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:34 pm
Hi there. I am a developer and have installed many of your quick start templates; however with the Events Manager; when I installed this particular template, it looks like it's missing some components and not sure why?
I have not done anything different from how I normally upload the quick start. First, I downloaded the zip folder from here (https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla-3/events.html), dragged it to my desktop, right click (extract) the folder, then move the files into my root folder using Filezilla.
I am unable to edit hardly anything within the Extensions > Module Manager section.

Some additional issues I'm having....
1. Can't seem to change the logo. I have changed the appearance of the logo in the following places. (I did not change the size at all).
/templates/gk_events/images/logo.png
/templates/gk_events/images/style3/logo.png

I would greatly appreciate your help with this.
Thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:13 pm
Perhaps you are having issues with incompatible php version or not all files were correctly transfered?

GK User
Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:02 pm
Hi there,
May I ask what php version should be compatible? I believe my hosting is pretty up-to-date on the php version, but I can double check.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 pm
Hi there,
This is the php version I am on: PHP 5.4.35
Please let me know if this is correct.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:45 pm
Hi

A folder with screens was passed via a ticket system for this question, so I'm attaching them.

I try to install the package to check. Will get back to You in 5min. For me it looks like a broken package, just need to see if it's broken on our server or got corrupted during download or upload.

PHP version is ok.

teitbite
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:03 pm
Hi

Everything is ok with my installation. Try reinstall it, clear browser's cache and try how it looks like on a different computer/browser.

GK User
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:21 pm
Correction. My latest php version is: 5.5.19
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:32 pm
Okay, please let me know if the package got corrupted during upload or download.
I've never seen this happened before.

FYI: I had to change the name of the "Modules" folder to "Modules2" just so that I can view the template.
If you remove the "2", (conciergeemp.com/index.php) will show a blank "white" page.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:08 am
Hi

Please redownload and try reinstall it. I have the exact same PHP version and not problems at all as I've shown on a screenshot.

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:37 pm
Perhaps during upload something went wrong, so as @teitbite suggested, please try to reupload all the let us know it that have helped.

GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:51 pm
Okay I will try this and let you know.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 pm
Hi

Ok. I'll be waiting for Your answer.

GK User
Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:26 pm
Hi Teitbite,
This is very odd.
I unzipped the Events Manager template and dragged it on over into my server using FileZilla.
conciegeemp.com/index.php

Then I tried a different route by uploading the zip folder straight in my server, then unzipped it in there (so there wouldn't be any possible corruptions); at least I thought there wouldn't be.
conciegeemp.com/home/index.php

Both of these sites look still corrupted. (conciegeemp.com/index.php) and (conciegeemp.com/home/index.php).

Is there anyway you can do this for me.
This is the first time I've ever experienced this, and I've been downloading/installing your templates for years with no problems.

You may reach me at ([email protected]), and I will send you the FTP and database credentials if you don't mind helping me.
Thank you so much!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:03 pm
Hi

I have a message "No server found" under this urls. Please send me an access to ftp and correct url so I'll install it and check.

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:57 am
Hi there Teibite,
Could you send me your personal email address so that I may send you my FTP credentials.
I truly appreciate you uploading this template for me.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:50 pm
Hi

My mail address in a footer of my every post, but You can use forum's PM or our ticket system to deliver it to me.

GK User
Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 pm
Hi there,
Okay I will email you now. Question. Do you need me to remove all the files I've installed?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 pm
Hi

No need to remove the files. I'll install it in subfolder. Please send me an access to ftp, url to site and database host, name, user and password.

GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:37 am
Hi there,
Okay I am sending this to you now.
Please look out for an email from: [email protected]
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:09 pm
Hi

I got Your access and tried to upload files, but Your server does not allow file upload. Please extend my ftp user privileges so I'll be able to try again.

GK User
Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:47 pm
Hi there,
That's strange. What do you mean my server does not allow file upload?
I am set up on an unlimited bandwidth hosting plan. You should be able to upload as many files as you want.

I will send you the FTP credentials again and all you do is drag all the files into my server from your local machine. Please look out for my email: [email protected]

Also, let me know if there is anything else you need.
Greatly appreciate you and thank you :-)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:13 pm
Hi

Still same problem. I do not think it's a matter of lack of space or number of files to upload, but permissions to create files. This may be a problem while installing a quickstart. Some of the files require permissions to be created by other scripts and this kind of access is lower than user access I'm having problems with. Please ask Your host provider to rise permissions level.

GK User
Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:10 am
Hi there,
I was told form my hosting company that the problem is related to the path - /www/new/administrator/cache.
There is no such path on my server. The correct path to my domain folder is:/home/concierg/public_html/
They are asking to recheck the Joomla configurations and put the new path instead of the old one.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:37 am
Hi

It has nothing to do with joomla. I'm not able to move files to Your server via ftp. An client is showing a correct path there. I can see a site installed there now. Please just tell them that while uploading files via ftp we see "Connection refused" message. Ask them what to do to be able to use it.

GK User
Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:29 pm
Hi there,
Okay sure I will ask them.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:22 pm
Hello Teibite,
This is working now.
I can see all of the modules are displaying properly now.

http://conciergeemp.com/home/index.php

Thank you so much for your help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:19 pm
Hi

Are You sure is working ? All I can see is a white screen. You may have moved it already, but just in case it just broke please rise the error showing level to maximum, so it may display the error causing it.

GK User
Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:36 pm
Hi Teibite,
Well, it seems every time I upload the template files, it disappears after an hour or so.

You can check it now. It's up, but hopefully it will stay up.

http://conciergeemp.com/home/index.php
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:03 pm
Hi Teibite,
Quick update. I've contacted my hosting company, and this is what they said:

Thank for your patience. We've checked the server and there is no errors on the server currently. All services are up and running. I've checked your template and as I can see, the template is causing an issue since once the template folder gk_events the site is up. Server logs doesn't indicate any issues on the server side.

We also took a look at your permissions, and we've set correct permissions but issue still persists. I would recommend to check your site with a different template in order to confirm that issue related to gk_events template.

I went ahead and did what my hosting company suggested by switching to a different template, and my website pulled up just fine. (Please see attached screen shot- 2015-01-30_16-53-56.gif).
Once I switched it back to the Events template, I got the blank screen again.

When I first installed it, it looked like this:(Please see attached screen shot- 2015-01-30_16-21-08.gif). After an hour, the site went blank.

I am not sure what else to do now from my end.
If you need my credentials, you may email me at: [email protected] and I will sent it to you.

Truly appreciate your help thank you!
-Melinda
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:00 pm
Hi

Yes please send me all the details. I'll try to install it for You. This is really odd since it's the first report of such problem.

teitbite
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 am
Hi

I just found Your mail with access, but I'm afraid it's not working. Can You please change ftp access and send me correct one ?

530 Login incorrect. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:15 pm
Hi there,
Sure let me fix it.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:29 pm
Teibite,
I just sent you an email with the correct credentials to my FTP for Filezilla.
Let me know if you have any more needs or questions.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 pm
Hi

You've used a different email than before :)

Anyway. Still no luck :( Now I have this error message: "Interoperability failure: Could not parse response code. Server Reply: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3."

I can login when I change port to 21, but than I have no permissions to create files, so I cannot upload quickstart.

teitbite
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:12 pm
Hi

Ok. I got it working. I was playing with different protocols and ports. I'm uploading files right now with a triple check function to be sure all files was uploaded correctly. It takes a lot of time, so I'm gonna leave it overnight and will try to install in the morning.

teitbite
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 am
Hi

Take a look here: http://conciergeemp.com/events/

I've installed it and the problem was that Your sever could not create thumbnails in NSP module (so I've disabled creating thumbnail option). This could be because of permissions not allowing to create files by scripts, wrong or lack of GD library, too small memory/time limit. Looking back at my problems with uploading the files I would say it's because of the first reason. Anyway You can use the quickstart now. Will send You access to panel via mail.

GK User
Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:12 pm
Hi there,
Wow okay and I see now. Thank you so much for helping me with this.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:44 pm
Hello. And what do the rest who have the same problems? Can again be explained in more detail what the problem was?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:27 am
Install new Joomla template and your Events. Nothing has changed. Php 5.5 set in the settings of hosting. site www.ideagold.ru
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 pm
Sorry for offtopic. The instructions found on the website that you want to install quickstart to the site was in the demo. Everything works. Thank U.
Fresh Boarder