Tweets not showing completely

Responsive WordPress theme suitable for Schools, Colleges or educational websites.
GK User
Thu May 19, 2016 9:09 am
Hi,

I have used the tweets widget on the home page and have placed the required app permissions and keys in place. But I only see 1 tweet from the handle where as I have set the amount of tweets no. as 4 in the widget settings.

I am lost as to why this is happening. This was showing up correctly before. Could you please help here?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 am
Hi,

Are you using correct twitter search query? Please check the following article:
https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public/search

Try to use:
Code: Select all

GK User
Fri May 20, 2016 8:36 am
Yes. I have used the same search query. It is the same as the twitter official handle. The tweets were showing earlier correctly but they have just disappeared. Trying to make sense of this.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 20, 2016 1:56 pm
After some testing, I think the issue might be that the GK Tweets widget is only showing tweets from the past 5 days or so when 'Recent' setting is chosen in the type of tweets. Even 'Recent and Popular' setting doesn't show anything than the recent 5 days or so.

A tweet was posted today and that has showed up now. The previous tweet before today's was on May 10 and before that April 29. I think this is what is causing the issue. How can we change this setting such that 'recent' tweets show any of the previous 5 tweets or whatever number we put in 'no. of tweets' to display?

Pls advice. Thank you for your support.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 20, 2016 1:57 pm
Here is a screenshot.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Sun May 22, 2016 10:36 pm
I've added gavickpro account and it displays properly latest 4 tweets: https://twitter.com/gavickpro

Did you add proper consumer,user keys? It's described here:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... gk5-module

GK User
Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 am
Yes. I have added the correct consumer and user keys. Tried it twice. Without the keys even the one tweet wouldn't show, correct? It would then give me a connect error I presume if the keys were wrong.

I am still stumped as to why this is happening. Pls advice on how I can debug this.

Thank you for your support.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 am
Hi Joshua,

The latest tweet on May 20 is displaying but the previous tweet was on May 10 and the one before that on April 29. Those aren't displaying at all.

When I changed the 'query' to something else it still displays only one tweet. I have also tested it out with 'gavickpro' and it only shows one tweet now.

Pls advice on how I could fix this.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Wed May 25, 2016 7:39 am
Hi,

Please update your theme to the latest version (1.9).

If that won't help, please send me a PM with FTP access to your website, then I'll be able to check/debug the issue.

GK User
Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 am
Ok. Will try that and update you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 26, 2016 1:18 pm
I have applied the update (1.9) but no change in the tweets issue. Have sent you the login info via PM for debugging.

Thank you for your support.
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Thu May 26, 2016 9:57 pm
Please send me also FTP access, then I'll be able to debug the issue.

GK User
Fri May 27, 2016 7:00 am
sent via PM
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 30, 2016 8:04 am
Hi Joshua, Just checking in to see if you had any luck debugging the issue? That one tweet dated May 20 is also not showing now. I presume it's the no. of days to look back that is set to 10 or less. Pls advice on how we can fix this.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 31, 2016 7:06 am
Hi Joshua, the ftp details I have sent are still sitting in my outbox and not moving to the sent folder in private messages. Just wondering if you have received the details? Pls let me know. Thanks.
Senior Boarder