BuddyPress and University - Big trouble after upgrade !

Responsive WordPress theme suitable for Schools, Colleges or educational websites.
GK User
Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:34 pm
Hi Piotr,
Get the same support after wordpress and plugs upgrade?

I recently made the upgrade, after saving the database and wordpress files on server, of wordpress to 4.4 version. I also updated the two buddypress and rtMedia extensions.

The result generated 2 big bugs:

First bug - When I login on my desktop office, a big orange notification appears behind navbar for an answer to a conversation I had the day before on the buddypress with another person and oddly made on a tablette at home with another login ! is it clear ?

A "sitewide-notice"? appears on page, only when you are login.

To clear this notification I had to turnoff the message with display:none on the css on line 503:
http://www.tekguyane.fr/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/css/buddypress.min.css?ver=2.4.2

ligne 503
Code: Select all
#sitewide-notice #message {
   left:2%;
   position:fixed;
   top:1em;
   width:96%;
   z-index:9999;
   display:none;
}

I don't know how to make it better !

Second bug - When I login with my account, then I logout. I login again with another account and the old account still appears in the widget "Who is in line?" while I'm not login !
It take several minutes to dessapear.
On this picture you can see the two avatars in the "Who is in lign" Widget : one is login, the other is logout :

Thanks, best regards
Antonio, Marseille
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:19 am
Hello,

We are going to release our themes update this week, but I can't reproduce your first issue on my University installation and it doesn't look like a theme issue - I think it's a buddypress bug, could you switch to any default WordPress theme, like Twenty Fifteen and check the issue again?

Regarding the second issue - Who is online widget, it takes some time to change the user status and I'm sure that it's not a theme issue, I've noticed this situation even before the latest update.

Thanks for your feedback, please let us know if you will find anything else.

GK User
Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:53 am
- "I think it's a buddypress bug, could you switch to any default WordPress theme, like Twenty Fifteen and check the issue again?"

I do… with Twenty Sixteen theme

Result is the same !

So, for the moment, I stay with the fisrt issue, the display:none solution :
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:45 am
Hi Piotr,

I come to you with problems concerning BuddyPress.
Currently I receive notifications: request to be friends, I can see that I have two requests, but when I want to see there is no pending request ... see screen capture attached.
In conversation you tell me that you made a theme update, how I have access to?

Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:04 pm
I've found the release
Junior Boarder