widget rules

Responsive WordPress theme suitable for Schools, Colleges or educational websites.
GK User
Fri May 22, 2015 9:39 pm
I had been using widget context plugin to limit which pages/post widgets appeared on. liked having yours as part of the template. one issue though. I have a plugin called events pro that is our calendar. There is an option to have our main calendar show on the front page. I have that set. But it isn't an actual page. So when I set the rule to be shown only on homepage it doesn't work. It doesn't show on our homepage.

I have widgets disabled on homepage so that this page will show. I go to settings/reading and select main event page as the home page to show. But if you go to pages, there isn't a page for this.

With widget context it works but not with yours. how do i get things to show only on homepage?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun May 24, 2015 10:09 pm
Hi,

If you are using static page as your frontpage, please use "page" widget rule with id/slug instead of "homepage" widget rule.

GK User
Mon May 25, 2015 10:57 pm
problem is there isn't a slug or id. it is a static page, but it isn't a page showing in pages. it is done on the fly with software. you go to settings/reading and can select it as the homepage but it doesn't have id or slug.

so i want all the widgets i have on the front page to only be on front page and not anywhere else in site.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?