Configuration Details for University Theme

Responsive WordPress theme suitable for Schools, Colleges or educational websites.
GK User
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:45 pm
The University theme configuration details are available here: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... uration-2/
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:15 am
The quickstart Zip file is corrupt or causing an issue - I get an error that a style.css is missing from the files (though I do see it when I load it in)...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:06 am
Administrator

GK User
Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:50 pm
i installed quick start and appeared to all load correctly. said to login. i tried and get blank page. same thing if i go to the front end. i do go to error log and got the following:
open(/tmp/sess_aae17dd4f1fad8ca910f49c4d42a0b44, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/index.php on line 68
[19-Jul-2014 20:18:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-members/bp-members-screens.php on line 496
[19-Jul-2014 20:18:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-functions.php on line 649
[19-Jul-2014 20:18:24 UTC] PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_aae17dd4f1fad8ca910f49c4d42a0b44, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
[19-Jul-2014 20:18:24 UTC] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
[19-Jul-2014 20:19:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-members/bp-members-screens.php on line 136
[19-Jul-2014 20:19:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-members/bp-members-screens.php on line 136
[19-Jul-2014 20:20:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-functions.php on line 649
[19-Jul-2014 20:22:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/burleson/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-xprofile/bp-xprofile-functions.php on line 649
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:30 am
@cspub - please ask your hosting to allow bigger memory for your PHP processes - 40MB is not enough - please increase it at least to 64MB or 128MB.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm
Hi i guess your link for quickstart theme is pointing joomla templates

https://www.gavick.com/download/downloa ... rsity.html

when i choose quickstart it tries to download a file size of 27 mb full of joomla packages.
by the way even i loaded normal version of the theme. it looks broken (i manually imported .json and .xml data from your links)

the link is http://www.sercotec.net/demo/eu

Please help..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 am
@sercotec - are you sure? I've just download the quickstart package and it contains the WordPress package - please try to redownload it.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:25 pm
dziudek wrote:Please read this article: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... t-package/

This installation is no graphics (pictures)? I installed gk_university_quickstart.zip and no pictures. Why?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 pm
The quickstart packages usually contains only blank graphic holder - in rare cases like Steakhouse templates some graphics are provided with the quickstart if it is necessary.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:09 pm
Thanks. I understand that I should have my photos? I insert it by WordPress? Can I do this by changing the file via ftp? For example, I want to change a slider on the home page (graphics and text)?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:14 pm
Yes, you should your own photos - you can upload it via FTP - then you won't have to create the slides from scratch - you can get the URL with the Dev tools.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:35 pm
I have one question. In which a file on the ftp I can change the text ""AN INNOVATIVE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY This is where vibrant evangelical faith meets rigorous academics. Find your way here" on the home page? I can not be found on the ftp or cms. (UNIVERSITY WORDPRESS THEME FOR EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:42 pm
Hello,

This text comes from caption of the slides in Media Library, please check this article:
https://demo.gavick.com/wordpress/unive ... imageshow/

GK User
Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:38 pm
Hi, How can I disable this item? Appears in the events. Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm
Hi, this item is visible on all posts from events category. If you want to remove it, you have to edit University/content-event.php file and remove this fragment:

Code: Select all
<div class="gk-event">
        <h3><?php _e('Event Details: ', GKTPLNAME); ?></h3>
        <ul>
          <li><strong><?php _e('Date: ', GKTPLNAME); ?></strong>
             <span class="gk-event-period">
                   <time datetime="<?php echo $date_start->format('d-m-Y'); ?>" class="gk-event-date-start"><?php echo $date_start->format('j ') . $datemonth_start . $date_start->format(' Y '); ?>
                   </time> -
                   <time datetime="<?php echo $date_end->format('d-m-Y'); ?>" class="gk-event-date-end"><?php echo $date_end->format('j ') . $datemonth_end . $date_end->format(' Y '); ?></time>
                  </span>
              <span class="gk-event-hours">
                 <time datetime="<?php echo $date_start->format('G:i'); ?>" class="gk-event-time-start"><?php echo $date_start->format('g:i a'); ?></time> -
                 <time datetime="<?php echo $date_end->format('G:i'); ?>" class="gk-event-time-end"><?php echo $date_end->format('g:i a'); ?></time>
              </span>
          </li>
          <li> <strong><?php _e('Venue: ', GKTPLNAME); ?></strong> <span><?php echo get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'gkevent_venue', true ); ?></span> </li>
          <li class="gk-event-register"><a href="<?php echo get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'gkevent_register_url', true ); ?>"><?php _e('Register', GKTPLNAME); ?></a></li>
        </ul>
        <time class="gk-event-counter" datetime="<?php echo $counter_start->format('d-m-Y'); ?>"><?php _e('Time left to event: ', GKTPLNAME); ?></time>
      </div>

GK User
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 pm
Hello - when i download the quick start for this, the site loads fine however, when i try to log into the wp-admin page, I am getting a 500 error.

Also I tried to just load the regular theme and it works fine but when I import the json file, nothing happens. I don't get any images or image place holders nor are there any menus or pages, etc ... Nothing shows up at all.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website back-end and FTP access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 am
Hi, I installed the university zip folder on wordpress, then I uploaded the xlm file for the demo but I have problems because it is not exactly that of DEMO.

I forgot something? How do I get my demo on my site?
Thank you
Marco
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:08 am
Hi,
Did you configure all widgets? If you didn't install the quickstart package, please follow this part of the documentation: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/th ... tion-guide