quickstart sql issues

GK User
Tue May 31, 2016 6:55 pm
I had to do some manual editing to /installation/sql/mysql/joomla.sql, and /installation/sql/mysql/sample_data.sql in order for the installer to finish.

1) I have MySQL v5.1 which does not support utf8mb4, so I had to do a little work there, but that is really my fault, for not having a newer version of MySQL.

2) both joomla.sql and sample_data.sql appear to be using "uml12__" as a prefix, so no matter what "prefix" you specify to the installer, the tables are created using "umsl12__".
I guess that is OK, it should still work.
However, that is not the case. All attempts to use the .sql files "as-is", (plus my utf8mb4 fix) result in an error message saying "no such table `#__assets`".

So, in those two files, I replaced all occurrences of "umsl12__" with "#__", and that corrected the issue, the installer ran normally afterward. A pretty easy fix, once I got my brain in gear.

*Note, that is is a much better idea to import/re-export the dump, on a more recent MySQL server, than to search-replace text for utf8mb4 if the dump contains any characters that use that 4th byte.

Superior looking template once installed.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:18 pm
Hi

I've just checked installation package and there is no "umsl12_" in it anymore. Please try download it one more time and just rename "utf8mb4" to "utf8" in joomla.sql file.