Page reload when change tabs on frontend article editing

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 pm
Hi, when we are on frontend and click to edit a article, we have the tabs 'image', 'language', 'publish' and 'metadata'.

But when i click on any of this tabs, the all page site reload and back to frontend page! Then i have to click on 'edit' link again to open the frontend editor again, so i can't go to any tab, only the default 'editor' tab.

Can't find how to identify the problem. How to fix that? I disabled all JS and CSS compressions but the problem still occur.

It's a new joomla installation with university theme and the templates componentns, k2, news pro, etc...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:51 am
Hi

Please disable using "Smooth scrolling" in template settings for now. I'll report this to programmers.

teitbite
Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:55 am
Hi again

I can see that a fix to a similar problem was released same day You've posted this report, so can You please just makes sure and replace Your /js/gk.scripts.js file with a file from new installation ? Let me know if it makes a difference.

GK User
Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:08 pm
Hi,disable "Smooth scrolling" solved the problem. Thanks!!

I just updated Joomla to 3.6, but a strange thing happens when i logged on frontend today for test the solution. The 'edit' button is missing for articles, but for menus and modules the edit button is OK.

I found a solution in this topic for another template, but is that ok to use? There is a better solution?
https://www.gavick.com/forums/steak-hou ... sing-40484
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:02 pm
Hi

Yes, that's a good solution. Glad You were able to solve it.