Menu display issue when selecting other than the default men

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:45 am
Hello,

setting up a multilingual website - have setup everything in Joomla and created my menus per language... now back in gavick, going to select the menu for 1 of my languages, the display of the menus in front-page breaks. The li classes on the menu items are not applied for my language menu.
Actually the template works fine only when using the default menu.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:54 am
You should post language menu in a module position, while keep original (1rst language) menu set in template, then create template copy and set second language menu there, finally assign templates to correct menu items.

GK User
Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:19 am
Cyberek wrote:You should post language menu in a module position, while keep original (1rst language) menu set in template, then create template copy and set second language menu there, finally assign templates to correct menu items.

My issue is that for 1st language (default) selecting its menu in the template assigned to that menu's menu items, the menu in front-end displays broken. Actually no classes attached on the menu items, resulting in showing all menu items one next to the other (no children menu items), filling all the place with menu items.

You say that if I post the language menu in a module position the broken output will be fixed?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:37 am
Hey don't bother...

me silly - after batch copying menu items - those became all children of root -
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:30 pm
I'l glad you could solve it out by yourself.
Is there anything else I can help you with regarding this topic?