How to connect jomsocial events to the home page

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:54 am
Hi,

Just wondering how I can connect the jomsocial events to the home page events in #gkheadermodules that currently run off articles in the demo.

Cheers
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:56 am
Hi,
JomSocial have also modules built-in, one of them is for displaying events - so use it somehow & somewhere. :mrgreen:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:31 am
What I want is for the jomsocial events to appear positioned and styled as they are in the module on the homepage. When I bought the template that's what it appeared to be.

There is an ability to have the "events" news show module run from jomsocial statuses and photos, so why not events??

If I can at least apply the styling of from the gk show module to the jomsocial module that would be ok, but I have put the JS Events module in the header_left position and it doesn't even show up.

Can you please help?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:12 pm
This template didn't have overridden theme for JomSocial.
In /html/ folder I saw style only for: K2, Social GK5.
But NSP GK5 module have some styles, but you can choose and use only those which were already made.
No JS events on the list :(
no-events.png

---
to check if selected by you module position really works publish there first Bla bla bla in Custom HTML module.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:55 am
Good tip, after testing the other module and it appearing I retested the js events module and it does appear there. Not sure what I did wrong originally but all sorted now. Thanks for your help!
Junior Boarder