About the latest University update

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:50 pm
For the second time I tried to install an updated version of the template, and it blew up the website. My guess is that overrides.css and some template or language overrides are simply being wiped out. But perhaps there are more substantive changes to your core files, too. Two such failures has made me gun-shy about attempting updates of a couple other sites using GavickPro layouts, one of them a live storefront.

I haven't experienced this behavior before, and I'm hoping you can amend your update packages to leave override files untouched
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:03 pm
Hi,
about override.css - it might be painful I agree, but I do not know why it happened , but sometimes it does, because it's in template package , which is in my option bad idea, but personally I cannot fix it.
about template language file - en-GB.tpl_gk_university.ini - it's normal that update override it, but it's not our fault , it's how Joomla works. That's why sometimes I suggest to use Joomla Override Component instead of editing a .ini file.

At the end I suppose that you have backup those sensitive files, you have to be careful during this update process.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:07 pm
If you do not like override.css, you can also use addcional extension which will load your CSS file instead, so this problem would gone.
Platinum Boarder