Social GK5 Not working w/University Joomla Template

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:54 pm
I purchased the University Joomla template and am having issues with the Social GK5 module. I can't get any tweets to display from my Twitter account or any Twitter account for that matter other than @gavickpro Twitter account. I've searched the this forum and have read/tried everything possible solution that was posted and like those users I too was unsuccessful with getting it to work. I've already tried the following:

1. After correctly generating all the keys via Twitter Dev I made sure the common mistake of including spaces in the keys was not the issue.

2. I've tried several different twitter accounts, of course the twitter account to which my keys are associated with, and @gavickpro was the only account to display tweets on the module

3. I've enables and disabled the cache with the module's settings

4. I've regenerated the keys within Twitter Dev

5. I've downloaded and installed the latest version of Social GK5 v 1.2.5 which is the version that was already a part of the template's quickstart.

BTW: my version of Joomla is 3.4.1

Thanks,
AJ
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:29 am
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. ftp data (host, user, password)
4. link to this thread
5. Generated Twitter keys

GK User
Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:45 am
I have provided your data to one of our dev team members. I'll write back as soon as I'll get an answer.

GK User
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:52 pm
The twitter API changes from time to time and adjustement needs to be done.
The change will also be incorporated to the template itself.

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:06 pm
Cyberek wrote:The twitter API changes from time to time and adjustement needs to be done.
The change will also be incorporated to the template itself.

Hi Cyberek,

Does that mean the problem is fixed?

Thanks,
AJ
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:27 pm
Yes. Your installation should work fine now.

GK User
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:53 am
I see you used #joomla to display tweets containing #joomla. How do I only display my tweets, user: @raceiq. I tried inputting raceiq and @raceiq in the Query field

Thanks,
AJ
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:46 pm
Its actually complete different question - please ask it as a separate question (new forum thread).

GK User
Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm
Hi Cyberek,

My inability to choose the Twitter account for which tweets are displayed is actually my original issue. I didn't mention anything about using hashtags. As I mentioned in my original post I could only display tweets using @gavickpro but no other twitter user and this is the forum for which Alicja told me to use.

Thanks for your help Cyberek,
AJ
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:45 am
Yes, but the problem with connecting to account is already fixed. The one you have now is a different stuff. We have a rule here - whenever another, different problem emerges, you simply create new forum thread.

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:11 pm
Hi Cyberek,

Thanks for your response. The problem with connecting to my Twitter account isn't fixed. You connected the module to a Twitter topic: #Joomla not my account.

Thanks,
AJ
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:57 pm
Hello @digital21 - as Cyberek is on vacation - could you resend me a PM message with the same data which you have send to him?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:52 pm
Sent. Thanks Dziudek!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:41 am
@digital21 - are you sure that you have sent me a PM? Because I didn't receive it.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:43 am
@digital21 - for me the module is working fine, I've tested it with "@joomla", "joomla", "gavickpro", "@gavickpro" - your issue is probably caused by fact that Twitter API returns tweets from only last 7 days, your last post on @raceiq is older than 7 days and the newest hashtag #raceiq tweets are from the last year, so they are not available in the API.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:05 pm
Hi Dzudiek,

Actually what I was looking from are tweets from my Twitter account: @raceiq. I retested it using the from:raceiq in the Query field of the Twitter settings and it works. Apparently whatever Cyberek did to correct the overall connectivity to Twitter worked because I've tested "from:raceiq" in the Query several times prior to working with Cyberek. I guess he didn't understand or I wasn't clear that I wanted to display Tweets from my account.

Thanks Cyberek and Dzudiek for your assistance!

AJ
Fresh Boarder