customizing time and date of event

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:36 pm
Hi,

is it possibile to add some custom fields in K2 such as: start date, end date, time etc. In your documentation of wordpress everything is explaind. Now in article view in K2 there is no other possbility to change the date but with source view. Some of my users don't know the html so it's very hard to explain them. To be honest I'm not sure what to put there also.

<ul>
<li><strong>Date:</strong> <span class="gkEventPeriod"> <time class="gkEventDateStart" datetime="02-06-2015">02 June 2015</time> - <time class="gkEventDateEnd" datetime="04-06-2015">03 June 2015</time> </span> <span class="gkEventHours"> <time class="gkEventTimeStart" datetime="07:00">7:00 am</time> - <time class="gkEventTimeEnd" datetime="18:00">6:00 pm</time> </span></li>
<li><strong>Venue:</strong> <span>Poland, Krynica-Zdroj 246a</span></li>
<li class="gkEventRegister"><a href="index.php/template/pages/users/">Register</a></li>
</ul>
<time class="gkEventCounter" datetime="29-05-2013">Time left to event</time></div>
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:16 pm
Ive got one more question. Why the dates of event from <time class="gkEventDateStart" datetime="02-06-2015">02 June 2015</time> is not shown in calendar on right side? How connect them?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:03 pm
anybody?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:02 pm
Hi

Calendar is a module showing days articles were created. It's not connected with this additional events settings.

I'm afraid the in-content code to set the event date cannot be workaround, but I think by using News Show Pro with it's article format option will allow to use K2 extra fields instead.

You just need to copy HTML which is created for single article information in Event List style and than replace the values You see with proper syntax (all explained in documentation).