Template install

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:58 am
I'm trying to get university configured. I used Softaculous and installed Joomla 3.x on my server. I've done this a bunch of times before. Neither the quick start or the regular template zip will configure. Please help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:59 am
Nothing I do gets it to look like the demo!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:06 am
I'm on a chat with Alicja. She says once I post she'll forward the tick to your attention. Nothing and I think she just dropped me. Should I sit here???
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 am
ARRGHHH! She said you'd jump on this. It's 3 AM and I'm not getting any reply. Please refund my $44+
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am
OK Gavick. I've used a couple of your templates over the many years of Joomla. This support system is the worst. Please refund my money. The template does...not...install, or WORK.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 am
Maybe Alicja will get me though. Hopefully we can get this template installed. Hopefully...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 pm
Please contact me so we can process a refund. I've deleted the template zip files, now I need a refund. This is due to poor support that comes from a difficult timezone. Chat wasn't very helpful...it kept dropping the connect and blaming it on a poor internet connection on their end.

Sincerely,
Tom Frazee :angry:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:48 pm
Hi, I don't understand something - in this topic there was only yours answers.
Why you couldn't wait until moderator will answer you instead it looks like long monologue. More relax. Nobody have to build a website in one day. Each CMS is much more complicated software that you think.

First : https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... quickstart

Second: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... rt-package

Third: https://www.packtpub.com/web-developmen ... essentials
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 pm
How can I set your whole page without installing Quickstart please think.
I will not spend 4h with setting all modules and menu items one by one. Because you need this.
Don't be said or disappointed It's how Joomla or WP works.
You had and still have 2 options only:
1) Install QuickStart with Joomla and all settings inside
2) Install template, modules, component, plugins etc. one by one and setting them manually.

P.s.
I've used a couple of your templates over the many years of Joomla.

So you should understand that somewhere else is a problem. I saw at least 5 very good project based on University template in last coupe of weeks so I can only guess that template is okey
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 am
BTW
I have always suggest all GK customers, please on subdomain or test folder install a full QuickStart and check one by one, what you need from this installation and implement into your project. And what is important this tip always works.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 am
Oscar. Get one thing clear. I know Joomla as an end user. We've done dozens of sites. I know how long it takes. But trying to use instructions that are so unclear just adds to the frustration. The last thing I did last night was to pass along all my log ins for the server and asked for you guys to go and install and configure. That's what your CSR, Alicja told me to do. You didn't address that at all in you message.

She kept dropping the chat...not me. Every time I'd wait for a response, it would go to offline status. She told me to ask for a refund...that's what I'm doing

Tom
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 am
Do you want to install the template or not? I'll pay the $40 I was quoted. How about it.

Tom
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:24 am
But you have installed. But all templates request MODULES, do you remember about it?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:42 am
Never mind. Your CSR skills (or your English) are pretty poor. Please issue me a refund immediately. I'm not so stupid! With no more talking.

Tom
Fresh Boarder