Latest event module

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:33 pm
Hi,

I'm really struggling to get the latest events module to look like the demo University website.
I configured it exactly like the Documentation

header_left
Module title: Latest Events
Module position: header_left
Module suffix: -
Configuration screenshots: Module details Module configuration

Any idea?

Here is a screenshot of the current status:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:25 am
It looks like module configuration itself is wrong as it shows only titles but no date details.

GK User
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:11 am
Correct. but i followed the exact configuration settings from the 'Module details' and 'Module configuration'
Does it matter where the articles come from? K2 articles or default articles?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:53 pm
It works fine with K2 and to be honest I don't know if it will work with standard Joomla article.
Do your articles contain required html mockup?
Could you please post an url to your site?

GK User
Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:57 am
I tried K2 as well....required HTML mock-up? you have an example?
At the moment he site isn't visible for public. but i think when i know how to do the HTML mock-up, im close to solving my issues.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:28 am
Code: Select all
<div class="gkEvent">
          <h3>Event Details:</h3>
          <ul>
                    <li><strong>Date:</strong> <span class="gkEventPeriod">
                              <time datetime="02-06-2015" class="gkEventDateStart">02 June 2015</time>
                              -
                              <time datetime="04-06-2015" class="gkEventDateEnd">03 June 2015</time>
                              </span> <span class="gkEventHours">
                              <time datetime="07:00" class="gkEventTimeStart">7:00 am</time>
                              -
                              <time datetime="18:00" class="gkEventTimeEnd">6:00 pm</time>
                              </span> </li>
                    <li> <strong>Venue:</strong> <span>Poland, Krynica-Zdroj 246a</span> </li>
                    <li class="gkEventRegister"><a href="index.php/template/pages/users/">Register</a></li>
          </ul>
          <time class="gkEventCounter" datetime="29-05-2013">Time left to event</time>
</div>

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus rutrum, libero id imperdiet elementum, nunc quam gravida mi, vehicula euismod magna lacus ornare mauris. Proin euismod scelerisque risus. Vivamus imperdiet hendrerit ornare. Phasellus dapibus imperdiet nibh, nec sagittis odio condimentum sed. Phasellus dignissim, massa nec ornare fermentum, ligula massa varius dolor, a interdum nisl purus eu magna. </p>
<hr id="system-readmore" />

<h4>The event program:</h4>
<ul class="gkBullet2">
          <li>Nunc viverra elit risus, adipiscing placerat nibh malesuada nec.</li>
          <li>Vivamus bibendum condimentum lacus, id fermentum dolor. </li>
          <li>Donec fringilla libero erat, ut mollis urna auctor eu.  </li>
</ul>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus rutrum, libero id imperdiet elementum, nunc quam gravida mi, vehicula euismod magna lacus ornare mauris. Proin euismod scelerisque risus. Vivamus imperdiet hendrerit ornare. Phasellus dapibus imperdiet nibh, nec sagittis odio condimentum sed. </p>

This is sample mockup. Basically everything under "Events detail" is used to generate correct data on the homepage.

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:15 pm
thank you for your html mockup. I just copy / paste this in to an K2 item? Still no change for me...it still looks like attachment from original post.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:36 pm
Have you pasted it while tinyMCE was on or off?

GK User
Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 pm
My K1 items dont have TineMCE. i cannot add any styles to text...its just a big text field
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:17 am
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with login privileges (please create one for me)
3. link to this thread

(I have tried one that you have sent me last time but it doesn't work).

GK User
Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 am
please try again with the same data i previously shared with you. I adjusted the rights for you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:09 pm
Do I need to somehow disable your "Work In Progress" info to get to homepage?

GK User
Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 pm
just add /index.php after the url. By default it loads the index.html
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:26 pm
Actually - it doen't help much - I'm redirected to frontend login and after providing same login & pass (as in backend) I'm redirected back to homepage. After adding index.php - frontend login again :/.

GK User
Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:58 pm
Ok i just removed the index.html and now its only joomla. Now you should manage. Sorry for the troubles.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:53 pm
Ok i found out how to do it.....but i was wondering this progressbar....is it fake? Or does it grow towards the moment of the event?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:38 pm
What exactly do you mean? Could you please mark it on a screenshot?

GK User
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 pm
I mean the little progress bars....In the css it says 48%. So i guess it means all progress bars are filled for 48%. But can they also fill-up automaticly while days past and the event date gets closer.

screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/6iZEMEH.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:36 am
Oh, it is not a progress bar, it is just a decorator :).