Change date block NSPGK5 on frontpage

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:20 pm
Hello,
I would like to ask you how/whether it's possible to change the view of the Date block in the News Show Pro GK5 Module on the frontpage in the University template. The current NSPModule shows only 'days' (i.e. SUN) on top of the event, where I would like to have the Days+Dates (i.e. SUN Sep 28), like in the Item view.
I've looked everywhere in the files but I can't find the right piece of code to change this.

could you give me a hint how to change this? this would really lighten up my day.

Thanks in advance

Arjen.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:00 pm
aschultinga wrote:Hello,
I would like to ask you how/whether it's possible to change the view of the Date block in the News Show Pro GK5 Module on the frontpage in the University template. The current NSPModule shows only 'days' (i.e. SUN) on top of the event, where I would like to have the Days+Dates (i.e. SUN Sep 28), like in the Item view.
I've looked everywhere in the files but I can't find the right piece of code to change this.

could you give me a hint how to change this? this would really lighten up my day.

Thanks in advance

Arjen.

Actually I would like to have the Date blocks like in the Live Demo of the University template. Do you have any idea why I get only the Day (i.e. SUN or SAT) and not the rest of the date (Sep 28)? (I have the J3 version running on a localhost).
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:07 pm
It's definitely a tough question. Let me give some additional info. In your screenshots of the frontpage of the University Template you see that the Events NSP module shows the Day + <small>Month + daynumber</small> (like in the itemview). In my Joomla3 (on a localhost) version however I get only the Day. What could be the problem? And how (in which files) can I solve this? Because now the events module does not make sense on a frontpage.

Thanks for your reply.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 am
Hi

Please look into /modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/portal_modes/events_list/controller.php and look for this line :

Code: Select all
               $event_info['date'] = strftime('%a', $event_timestamp) . '<small>' . strftime('%b %e', $event_timestamp) . '</small>';

Here You need to change the values beginning with % sign to values You can see here: http://php.net/manual/pl/function.strftime.php in a format which will suit Your needs.