Various GUI questions

May 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 am
- How do I get these icons Wishlist, Checkout, Account etc in the top end of the site like in the demo?
- How do I get these split menus like in the demo Women and then split into Brands, Shops, Sizes, etc?
- How do I get such nice lower menu (above footer) with menu items, social media icons, newsletter sign-up?

Help is much appreciated!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am
Hello,

Regarding your questions:
1. These links: my accound, checkout are top menu position, you can add these links in Appeaerance - Menus -> Top Menu location.
2. Please check this article: http://www.gavick.com/demo/wordpress/game/?page_id=1631 to find out how display menu with columns.
3. Please check the last section here: http://gavick.com/demo/wordpress/storef ... age_id=899 these menu, social icons and newsletter are based on widgets from Bottom widget area, full widget configuration from this area may be found here:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/wo ... uration-2/
(widgets settings section - two last widgets from Bottom area)

GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm
Items 2 and 3 are working, thanks. Still working on item 1...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 pm
Did you edit any theme files, eg. StoreFront/layouts/header.php? because you have top menu assigned - but it's not visible.

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:54 am
Yes, I did make some changes - as requested by a plugin - but indeed the Top menu isn't visible. How to fix this, could you check via backend or should I reinstall the Storefront header? The Top Menu wasn't there either, I created it manually.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 am
In the original header.php file, there's top-menu, please check if you have this fragment in your file:

Code: Select all
<div id="gk-top-menu">
                  <?php gavern_menu('topmenu', 'gk-top-menu'); ?>
               </div>

if you don't have this fragment, try to add it after this line:
Code: Select all
<div class="gk-page">

if that won't help, try to restore original header.php file from the StoreFront theme.

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:01 am
this is my header, looks like something wrong. I will try to grab original header from STOREFRONT demo site.

<?php

// This file was added especially for the wp-signup.php and wp-activate.php files :-)

gk_load('header');
gk_load('before');

<head>
<?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

// EOF
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:07 am
this is the original HEADER.php from the ZIP file.

CODE: SELECT ALL
<div class="gk-page">

this line (above) you are referring to is not there...?

------------------------
<?php

// This file was added especially for the wp-signup.php and wp-activate.php files :-)

gk_load('header');
gk_load('before');

// EOF
------------------------

now what to do?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:22 am
No, not this header, please check StoreFront/layouts/header.php file.

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 pm
this is a snippet:

<body <?php do_action('gavernwp_body_attributes'); ?>>
<div id="gk-bg">
<header id="gk-head" <?php if(!gk_show_breadcrumbs()) : ?>class="no-breadcrumb"<?php endif; ?>>
<div id="gk-header-top">
<div class="gk-page">
<div id="gk-top-menu">
<?php gavern_menu('topmenu', 'gk-top-menu'); ?>
</div>

seems the lines you're suggesting are already there. I called the menu Top Menu, is that okay?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:01 am
Yes, the code is ok and the name from your backend is not important (you can use each menu names), I have to check it exactly, did you already send me a PM with FTP access to your website? If not please do it.

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:15 am
FTP details sent as PM.
Senior Boarder