Problem with k2 media

GK User
Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:00 pm
Hello. In Storefront, when insert a video using the video plugin on a k2 item, it shows on place but with an incorrect height. Can´t find where is this height being stated. Please advice. Example:

http://www.saludpanama.com/programa-sal ... re-de-2016

I just want the video to be 100% width, proportional height. I´ll appreciate your help on this.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:26 am
Hi

Template provides a responsive code for video already. Please disable video responsiveness function in video plugin.

GK User
Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:16 pm
Did that, didn´t work. But if I make ir responsive in the all videos plugin and give it a 1 px height, remove the 100% width from the item view options, it works. Only if I add to the k2 css file this code:

Code: Select all
div.itemVideoBlock {margin:0 0 0px 0; width:100%; padding:0px;background:#010101 url(../images/system/videoplayer-bg.gif) repeat-x bottom;}
   div.itemVideoBlock div.itemVideoEmbedded {text-align:center;width:100%;} /* for embedded videos (not using AllVideos) */
   div.itemVideoBlock span.itemVideo {display:block;overflow:hidden;}
   div.itemVideoBlock span.itemVideoCaption {color:#336699;float:left;display:block;font-style:italic;font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;width:50%;}
   div.itemVideoBlock span.itemVideoCredits {color:#336699;float:right;display:block;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;font-size:11px;width:50%;text-align:right;}

I really do not know what I´m doing but now it looks good in all screens so let´s hope it do not break anithing else.

Thank you!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:55 pm
Ok, now k2 videos work, with those settings. But anywhere I just embed a video, for instance one from youtube, and give it a 100% width, it just becomes a large square, it is like the height parameter is allways like 200%. Where is this responsive setting located in the css??
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:27 am
Ok, i found this file: fitvids.jquery.js

Can you help me out here please?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:47 am
Hello teitbite. Anywhere I place an embeded video, its just displayed with a large height, gets bigger than the screen. Fits the width, but height is exagerated.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:20 pm
Hi

Responsive code for video isn't that easy to explain. It does require to use a certain value of a padding, which is a value that fits most of the video sizes.

You can remove fitvids.js file in /layout/blocks/head.php and a code to load it at a bottom /layout/default.php.

But most importantly tell me the url to the page where You have this video showing wrong. Last example works fine.