GKContact - multilingual

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 am
Dear All,
I want to run my site in several languages and I want to use GkContact for my contact page, but I need to extend it's funcionality.
I already know that for each language I need to prepare language file, but what if I want to use different:
PLG_GKCONTACT_ADDRESS_TITLE or
PLG_GKCONTACT_ADDRESS_VALUE or
PLG_GKCONTACT_ADDRESS_FOOTER ?
Is it possible to use f.eg. {GKCONTACT2} with different setting or to put php code with language variables?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 21, 2016 2:48 pm
Hey, thanks for help.
I did this by my own.

To handle that, you need to:
1. edit "plg_gkcontact.php" (/plugins/system/plg_gkcontact) and change the line 58:
$output .= '<p class="gkContactFooter">' . $this->params->get('address_footer') . '</p>';
TO:
$output .= '<p class="gkContactFooter">'.JText::_('PLG_GKCONTACT_MYTEXT').'</p>';

2. now just put the desired text in the languade files. For polish just add the line in the files "pl-PL.plg_system_gkcontact.ini" and "pl-PL.plg_system_gkcontact.sys.ini" (/language/pl-PL):
PLG_GKCONTACT_MYTEXT="Desired text"
For each language you need to put those line to work. If you don't have you language file, you must first copy the oryginal en files from: /language/eb-EN.
Thats all! ;)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 pm
unfortunatly, something's missing...
it sometimes work, sometimes not.
Working workaround is just to use already defined string, f.eg: PLG_GKCONTACT_NO_RECIPENT_INFO.
using this instead of PLG_GKCONTACT_MYTEXT works perfectly!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 21, 2016 3:19 pm
:D
Ok, I've found the problem - there are also language files placed in /administrator/language/ - just add there lines with "PLG_GKCONTACT_MYTEXT" and everything works as a charm!
:evil:
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 27, 2016 9:35 am
Hi

Ok. Great to hear it's working. Closing this thread than.