HikaShop menu + module problems with products display

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:47 pm
Hello,

I am developing site with the latest Joomla with latest StoreFront template and the latest version of HikaShop pro.

I have run into a problem and I can't find a solution. Basically I am replicating the Hikashop page from your template:
https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storefront/

I have a Hikashop menu item in the Main Menu that displays category summary.
I have another menu that displays category summary menu items for the chosen category. This menu item is displayed via published menu module in the sidebar.

I have also a Hikashop module Content display for Hikashop published at the Main Menu Hikashop menu item and for each menu item of the sidebar menu. This module should display products.

All the Hikashop content is set to synchronize.

I have run into several problems.

1) When I publish the Hikashop module Content Display in the Mainbody, it doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in the html at all.
2) When I publish it it in the Mainbody-bottom, it shows up and displays the products properly when you click on the category. The problem is, that it shows the products also under the categories in the Main Menu Hikashop menu item. I.e. if you would go to https://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storefront/ Hikashop -> category view, there would be also products displayed under the categories. What is strange is that this happens just for the top category, in the other categories this works ok.

Thanks for your help.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 am
It is a problem with the compatibility of HikaShop and the template.

I have installed clean install of StoreFront, updated it, and it showed up fine with the desired functionality. I also noticed that there was no products module needed to display the products. It worked automatically via the HikaShop menu.

Then I installed clean install of latest HikaShop business and the functionality of the HikaShop menu in the main menu and I saw right away that the functionality broke.
The sidebar menu is not synchronized any more and it doesn't display the products.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:09 pm
I solved the problem. After the installation of HikaShop business some of the products lost a category and they were without a category, therefore the module displayed them in the root menu item.

The problem is solved, just to those that will install commercial version of HikaShop, you need to define the products module anew for the HikaShop menu and associate it anew. Also the module needs to be published in the mainbody bottom.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 am
Hi

Thank You for shearing solution with us. I'm sure someone else will benefit from it. Thread closed.