gk_storefront update mobile navigation mobile

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:55 am
Hey I am using the gk_storefront template and the the mobile dropdown navigation is not really what I am looking for. Its a bit messy with more then 4 options. Is there any chance to downlaod / buy an additional module / plug in in order to change the mobile navigation? e.g. OffCanvas Responsive Navigation. Thanks Ronny
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:29 am
I found Menu2Panel as an extra module but now my next question about position: What is position-1 in the storefront?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 am
One additional question to this: in order to use the Menu2 Panel I will probably need to hide the mobile navigation module. My question is: What is the name of the module in Jomla in order to set a MenuTag ID?

Thanks in advance
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm
Hi

Menu is an integral part of the template. It's not published in a module position at all. You can hide it with a code like this:

Code: Select all
#gkMobileMenu { display: none !important; }

but to show a module in it's place You will have to create a new module position for it. Here is an instruction about how to do this: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... e-position

GK User
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:26 pm
Hey, thanks for the help!!!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:42 pm
Hi

Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

GK User
Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:53 pm
unfortunately it did not work to integrate the Menu2 Panel.

I'm unable to find easy way to make it works with the template. I have tried to add new module position and experimenting with the css, but still, the slider and your the gkHeader block is always overlap the module2menu.

please see this video to explain the problem :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f26wgp7d7h0ep ... .mp4?raw=1. The only working way is to remove the gkHeader block in the mobile device (see at the end of video), which is mean the topblock(logo) and slideshow will be hidden in the mobile device.

thanks for help!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:38 pm
Hi

Please publish this menu module in this new module position and send me an access to ftp and url to Your site. I'll make it work, no problem.

GK User
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:26 am
[removed by moderator]
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 am
Hi

This is a public forum, please do not share access details here.

Unfortunately I'm not able to recreate the look You've shown me on Your video. Please make it look exactly like in this video, so I'll be able to proceed.

GK User
Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:29 pm
Hi
The last days we tried again to include the mobile menu 'menu2panel' after we did all steps you have shown in your documentation for creating a new modul position. Hope we did all things correctly.
You can find the mobile menu in modules named menu2panel on position menu2panel.
Unfortunately we can't see the menu in mobile version or reducing the browser.

Here is what we have done:

templates\gk_storefront\templateDetails.xml
---------------------------------------------
line 71
<positions>
<!-- Specific Mobile Menu Module Positions -->
<position>mobile_menu</position>

<!-- Template specific Module Positions -->

templates\gk_storefront\lib\framework\gk.const.php
line 18
// definitions of module positions default styles
$GK_TEMPLATE_MODULE_STYLES = array(
'menu2panel' => 'none',

templates\gk_storefront\layouts\default.php
line 103 - 110

<!-- Include mobile menu "menu2panel" -->
<?php if($this->API->modules('menu2panel')) : ?>
<div class="menu2panel">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="menu2panel"
style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['menu2panel']; ?>" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
<!-- END -->
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:12 pm
Hi

Almost :) Problem right now is with the editor You are using (or lack of it). Those changes should be done in respective code. Right now all of it is included as an ordinary text. On my screen You can see it's visible in website's source code while it should be processed by joomla.

I've made changes to /layout/default.php and not this new module position is loading this:

Code: Select all
<div class="menu2panel">
<div class="mmenu_wrapper">
<a id="mmenu" class="" href="#mmenu-left"></a>
</div>
<div class="mmenu_wrapper">
<a id="mmenu" class="" href="#mmenu-left"></a>
</div>
</div>

I believe it should generate much more. But I can see something in mobile width now.

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:48 pm
Hi, teitbite!
I where absent for a couple of weeks and now I lost thread. Please tell me what you think I can/should do now.

Greetings

Ronny
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:20 am
Hi

I do not think You need to do anything beside making this menu look better. I've made all the changes to make it be used already. Unfortunately there are some problems with compatibility, but since it's 3rd party module there is not much I can do here.