Mini Cart won't load

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 11:15 am
Hi,

The mini cart isn't displaying correctly, 'loading...' flashes up very quickly and then just the cart icon is left. I am unable to see any jquery issues which would stop this loading correctly, the cart module is in the cart position, set to public access on the store pages only, the site is currently running on Joomla 3.4.1, Virtuemart 3.0.9 and the latest release of Storefront.

The store is not public yet and therefore you will need to log into the main site for the menu link to appear, I am able to provide login details.

Best regards,

Dean
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 31, 2015 4:34 pm
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

teitbite
Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:13 pm
Hi

I'm sorry but I do not understand I've just visited Your site and I cannot see storefront template there, but Fest template instead. There is no minicart there. Have You switched templates or was it a wrong url ?

GK User
Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:15 pm
Hi,

You will need to log into the main site which is running Fest, a menu link for Merch will appear once logged in and it is under Merch where the Storefront template is being used.

Many thanks,

Dean
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:09 am
Hi

I cannot see a cause of this problem in settings. I think it has something to do with not using this template as a default one. Please send me an access to ftp I'll try to mover the required files to fest template.

GK User
Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:34 pm
Hi,

Would you be able to tell me which files need to be moved into the Fest Template folder?

Many Thanks,
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:08 pm
Hi

I'm guessing files called cart.php and ajax.php but I'm not 100% sure, this is why I was hoping to try it when I'll get FTP from You.

GK User
Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:09 pm
Hi,

I have added cart.php to the Fest template folder but it has not worked.

extExplorer has been installed which will give you access to the files/folders required.

Many thanks,
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:42 pm
Hi

I've send access to Your site to programmers, so they will check. Will inform You when they will answer.

teitbite
Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:02 pm
Hi

I got an answer. It cannot be done unfortunately. The only way is to set Storefront as default template and make Fest attached to all pages You need. Sorry, but mini cart is only possible thanks to direct connection to cart module position and it's not scripted for Fest.

GK User
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 am
Hi,

I have done as recommended, Storefront is now the default and Fest is assigned to the required pages but the issue persists.

Many thanks,
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:35 pm
Hi

That's odd. I was sure this is going to work. I will ask programmers again. Hopefully they will have a better idea to solve it.

teitbite
Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:21 am
Hi

Ok. Here is a last idea from programmers. Please edit /js/gk.scripts.js in storefront template and look for a function ajax(). In this function You will find some urls. Please add at the end of this links this part "&Itemid=XXXX" where XXXX is an Itemid (id for menu item) of page where Storefront is attached to.

Please try it and let me know.

GK User
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:31 pm
Hi,

I have added to line 200 as requested:

Code: Select all
jQuery.ajax({
url: $GK_URL + 'index.php?tmpl=json&Itemid=172',
success: function(data,textStatus) {
jQuery('#gkCartCounter').html(data);

Now the cart just says loading and does not change.

Regards,

Dean
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:56 pm
Hi

Than I'm afraid this cannot be fixed. I'm guessing nooone thought about a case that template can be used as a subtemplate. You will have to move cart module to a sidebar module position and loose the mini cart on top. Sorry. It was simply not implemented to work like that.