Account Login Mod: No create an account or register link

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:08 am
Hi, I am currently using the Storefront theme and notice there is no registration link on the Account Login module. I have allow user registration set to yes within the user configuration settings. Has anyone encountered this issue? I don't understand what could be causing the Create an Account/Register link from not showing. :( The only visible links are forgot your password and forgot your username link
Any help or lead would be greatly appreciated. :D I haven't had this issue on any other Gavick theme :blink: ...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 pm
Hi

That's becaise this is not a standard module option. If You want to add it please edit /html/mod_login/default.php

GK User
Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:01 am
Ok. I went ahead and edited the file you suggested. I added "Create an Account" right after the "forgot password" link. I was hoping it was something I could simply enable within the admin but no worries.

For those who want to know what I did...
I created a hidden "Register Form" menu item and took that link and applied it to the "Create an Account" text that I previously added to the /html/mod_login/default.php file.

I'm not certain if its the correct way to do this, but It's working fine so I'm happy.
Thanks teitbite, you pointed me in the right direction and saved me lots of time. Much appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm
Hi

This is the easiest way to do this. Since there is no such link in this module at all. Just make sre to have it in template overrides, so joomal updates will not reverse it to the previous state.