Wrong positioning of products

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:04 pm
Hi,
Could you please take a look at the screens attached? The products aren't located in three columns and five rows, as supposedly should be. The last products jumps to his own row.
Also, when I want to update quantity, the button leads me to filling the form. I'd like the updating not to be dependant on the form.
If I should give you the access to the administrator area please let me know.
Best regards,
Myjestic
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:47 am
Hi

Please tell me url to the pages You've made this screens.

GK User
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi, I've sent you a PM
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:42 am
Hi

Ok. This has to be some kind of a bug. I can see that rows are build but not each one of them is filled with products. Please send me an access to ftp so I'll check what is going on.

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:26 pm
Hi, I've just sent you a PM
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:23 am
Hi

I've made some modifications to the file /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php here is a new file attached.

GK User
Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:57 pm
Ok, thanks, I'll check it and let you know whether everything is allright.
And what about the quantity update. Did you have a look at it?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:36 am
Hi

The true is that I've missed the quantity question, but I've checked it just now and it works correctly, so what would You like me to do with it ? What form are You being redirected to ? I do not have such behaviour.

GK User
Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:20 pm
When a product is added to the basket I have all the information that I've indicated in the screen. And I cannot change the quantity. Do I really have to give my name, address and so on in order to change the quantity? It seems a bit strange...
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:55 pm
Hi

Och, You've meant this part. Please do not worry about that. It shows only because of the user You have created without this informations, but when new user purchases something or registers have to put all details into form and will not be bother about it anymore.

GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:28 pm
Ok, I understand that. But it doesn't let me change the quantity in my cart. So the user should first of all give all the information and only then he will be able to change the quantity? It seems strange. Could you check it?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:55 am
Hi

Ok. This is odd. Please try change the template to default joomla one and check if this work the same than. This test will eliminate our overrides for vm and will tell if this is because of templatte of vm.

GK User
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:51 pm
Hi,
I've just chcecked it with the default joomla template and it lets me change the quantity. So it seems that there is some mistake in the storefront template?
Also, after your modifications in the default.php now there are 2 products in one row, and there should be 3 of them. And there is no frame around the product as it was before.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm
Hi

One small typo in defaul.php file. I'm attaching the new file.

For bigger gaps use this in css:

Code: Select all
.browse-view .product {
margin-bottom: 20px;
}

GK User
Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:29 am
Thanks. And did you check the quantity update?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:04 pm
Hi

I thought it's ok now. I was able to change quantity. The only problem I had was with big numbers, but than a message about a limit of items to purchase was displayed.