StoreFront NOT Responsive

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 am
We installed storefront on our test development site and found that the banner image on the home page is not responsive. The images are truncated - tested in portrait and landscape of tablets and smartphones.

We realise that the banner image of your demo site is also not responsive too - http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/storefront/

We were expecting the template to be responsive. Please advise corrective action so we can remedy the situation to meet our deadline for completion.

Your quick attention on matter is appreciated. Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:44 am
Hi

Do You mean the slider images ? It is responsive since it's being changing the size for different devices. It's done like that for better layout. If You want to try with full width images, try this in css:

Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_storefront .gkIsSlide {
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: 100% auto;
}

I'm not sure if I understood You correctly. Please just tell me the which element You have in mind.

GK User
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 am
Yes, indeed they were the slider images we were referring. The images show up nicely on desktop and laptop. The images were truncated on tablet and smartphones in either portrait and landscape mode.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:20 pm
Hi

It was cut to cover the height of the space. It's an usual action for mobile devices to show a center of the image with sides cut, but if my code is ok than You should keep it as a solution for this.