Cannot find XML File

Joomla webshop template with CSS3-based animations, VirtueMart support and one-page checkout.
GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am
Hi,
I've just created a new website using Storefront on Joomla 3.3 with Hikashop and when installing the 3rd zip file it throws up an error saying 'JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file'?

Should I not be using this one?

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Hello,

If you mean the "rest_files" package then yes - this file cannot be installed on the Joomla! installation manager, because it contains additional files like PSD files.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:42 pm
Hi,
Yes I realised I was installing it wrong, redid using the quickstart method through FTP and life is good again :) Would be good to include that work instruction with the download as it was in a separate area, and hard to find.
Many Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:01 am
I have been reading and watching and trying to install boutique for days.
I did not know what to download so I downloaded all three files. Regular, quickstart and rest. I asked support what are the different files for and was told .

Hello,

Thank you a lot for your message.

If you want to have your website to look like in our demo, you wil need to install a quickstart package. However, if you are willing to install everything from scratch, you will need to use the remaining packages. In rest files, you will find all modules and plugins used in a template given. <--- This last sentence does not make sense to me.

And how do I install the rest files? I get an error message when I use the extension manager (cant find the xml file) Is there a manual way to install the rest files?

dziudek, in several similar threads you advise people to use the quickstart package so that is what I tried next.
When I use the quickstart package it will install ok but it looks nothing at all like the demo. So what gives? I thought the quick start was supposed to give me a working website just like the demo and all I needed to do was start tweaking for my needs.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:02 am
@gpineau - could you provide me a link to your page where you made a quickstart installation?
Administrator