Creating a Gallery Post and/or Page

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:12 pm
I tried to crate a gallery post and/or gallery page using Instructions from a previous link in the form but the images were displayed in a table (colums) not one image with left / right arrows.

https://www.gavick.com/blog/gavernwp-qu ... mple-steps

what i did was:
1) I added a new post, 2) select format gallery. 3) (add media) went into Lobrary selected (create a gallery ) selected multiple images . The result came as the image upaded. Same outcome for creating a page where the format is gallery.

I would like if you can kindly post a code where i can change the url of images and have a gallery post where the featured image is replace by the gallery (one main image and arrows on the sides)
like gallery page sample from the john template.

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:20 am
Hello,
Please check the instruction again - you have to use page (not post) with Gallery Page template (not gallery post format). Unfortunately the gallery works only with pages.

GK User
Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:23 pm
I followed the instructions but i do not have the option to complete step 4, which is [Assign images to a newly-created gallery subpage]. I tried with a gallery page. and with a subpage. I have no means to assign the images. The instructions in the link are missing a step or not clear enough. Kindly clarify. Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:04 am
Hi,

Please change the view, when you are in Media Library and you'll be able to attach image to your gallery page. (click the icon from the screenshot)

GK User
Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:09 pm
It worked. Just to make it easier for everyone you cannot use images already in the media library used in posts or pages or anything. 1) You must upload new images -> after you have created and published a gallery page. 2) under "uploaded to" click on "Attach" then select the page that it will go to. It is done one by one for each image. and it works. :)
Fresh Boarder