Import blog feed from another WP blog?

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:48 pm
Hi, I've just started building my homepage based on the great "John" theme, and I have a question regarding the blog section. Is it possible to import a blog feed from another existing WP blog, and show it on my homepage (in the section called "My cosy blog" in the John demo)?

Best regards,
SK
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 am
Hi,

"My cosy blog" is based on GK News Show Pro widget, so you can change Data Source options in the widget settings - try to use RSS feed and add your source blog rss feed url.

GK User
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 pm
Hi Joshua, thanks for the quick response.

However, I don't seem to get it to work. In the GK News Show Pro widget, I changed the Data Source to "RSS feed" and I pasted the url of my source blog in the box below. But nothing shows up in the blog section (unless I click on one of the "Single post example" headlines, then I can see links to my source blog, under "Latest" to the right).

I'm a beginner at this, so maybe I'm missing something obvious...
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

Joshua M
Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:32 am
Hi,

I've selected "RSS feed" as a Data source and pasted url of wptavern.com:
https://wptavern.com/

and it works properly on your website.

GK User
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:16 am
Ah, it turns out I pasted the URL in the wrong place... Now it works fine. Thanks a lot!
Fresh Boarder