Relationship between menu link, nav setting and widgets

April 2014 WordPress Theme
GK User
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:52 pm
Hi
Thanks for the theme - looks great.

Sorry, recently switched over from Joomla to Wordpress so things aren't as intuitive for me yet.
I'm a bit confused between the relationship of the 3 areas listed in the title of this post.

I'm simply trying to get the main menu to move to the correct widget on the page and the url to reflect this.
Could you simply explain the relationship between the 3 areas?

For example my first 3 menu entries are HOME | ABOUT | RECENT BIDS
Home is the header, and about and recent bids are widgets both placed in Main body.

Also, I appear to have done something whereby the menu now sits over the titles.
Work in progress!: http://origin8-test.com/Bidwrite

Thanks
Andy
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:06 am
Hello,

Please check the following threads:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/john-wp/c ... 40225.html

If you'll have still problem with that, just let me know.
Generally you have to add the same anchor links i.e. #awards in the menu as links in navigation settings (which are added in the code as id of widgets sections).

GK User
Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:28 pm
OK, thanks. I did read those threads.
The site isn't complete but the third menu link doesn't scroll to my 3rd active widget.

Here's the navigation: about, recent-bids, services, bid-graphics, formatting, clients, blog, contact
And the corresponding menu and links: home: #gk-header about: #about recent-bids: #recent-bids etc
However, recent-bids does nothing when I click it in the menu.

Do the widgets need to be in separate positions? 'about' and 'recent-bids' are both in MainBody.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:20 pm
Hi. I placed 'recent bids' widget in Bottom I widgets and this has resolved it
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 am
Hi, Yes each widget should be placed in separated area. That's why there's a lot of bottom widget areas available.